13

Hump days were usually chill around the dorm

Jade had no classes and would either be in her room most of the day or out with her sorors.

Alana met with her cheer squad that morning and had three classes right after, ending her day around 2 pm.

Alesha had a free morning and three classes in the afternoon. Luckily for her though, her last class was canceled and she had the rest of the day to lounge.

Every corner of her room was filled with the strumming guitars and basslines of her study playlist. She bobbed her head to the music filling her bedroom as the glowing Bluetooth speaker vibrated against her dresser. It was a wonder that she heard the signature knock of her roommate ratting against her door.

"Ennnnnteeeerrrr" Alesha sings without looking away from her textbook and in walks Alana, doing her version of pop-locking as she entered. This has Alesha glancing up and cracking up at the goofiness.

"Girl what are you doing?" she giggles and Alana continues dancing as she made her way over to the bed. An amused smile and furrowed brow remained on Alesha's face as the impromptu choreo continued before her.

"I woke from a nap and my booty cheeks were twitching so I knew that meant you were home," she says over the music. Alesha's too stunned to respond and only watches her friend flounce comedically with fondness.

This was the Alana she preferred to see. Not 'sad over some ugly boy' Alana. It was a breath of fresh air after seeing her depressed over the past week and Alesha wonders what got into her friend to have her bouncing back so quickly.

"Your booty did what now?" Alesha asks but Alana is too busy twerking to respond.

"Oooh this my part, hold on.." she says between breaths and maintains a serious face until she attempts a split, which under any other circumstance she would have been able to do. But for some reason, the crotch of her leggings wasn't having it and Alana falls over into a fit of laughter that's so contagious, Alesha's cheeks ached from smiling. She picks up her phone to lessen the volume of the speaker so they could speak normally.

"Getcho ass up off of that floor before them bitches downstairs complain.." Alesha fussed with a  chuckle and Alana, rolls up from where she fell and looks Alesha incredulously.

"If anyone gets us a complaint, it'll be YOU. Loud ass music..." she huffs as she pushed herself from the floor. Alesha wrinkles her nose to feign innocence.

"It's that loud?" she asks sarcastically and Alana snorts as she crawled over to the bed and climbed into it with her suitmeate.

"I was hearing this song in my sleep and I live across the dorm from you. I'm not complaining though. You have good taste....cant say the same for the folks next door. Or above. Or below..." she remarks as she plopped down and Alesha shrugs.