9

Saber Student Center was always one of the most popping spots on campus, second to the quad and dorms of course.

The moment Yoongi and Alana stepped in, they were immersed in the smells and sounds of the midday rush. Several chain restaurants greeted them first in the wide scaled food court.

Starbucks.
Chick-fil-A.
Jimmy Johns.
Sbarro.
Taco Bell.

Just to name a few.

Sheesh.

Alana's tummy groaned at the mere thought of the hot gooey cheese dripping from a long slice of freshly baked pizza. She'd been depriving herself lately of good food due to cheer, keeping her diet light, sustaining but unfulfilling. Not that it was necessary. Those damn flyers still ate whatever they wanted and could still be tossed around in the air like sock puppets. Her stomach still flipped at the thought of ever being thrown that high up.

What little she ate would certainly be sprayed all over the spotters catching her, so better them than her anyway.

The two continued coasting through the foot traffic that was comprised of Bayfieldians passing through the student center and those standing in the long lines from the popular food chains that extended into the seating areas.

One would think that they would join them in one of those lines but nope. Yoongi and Alana keep maneuvering through the masses until they reach the apex of the dining hall.

Saber's dining hall or "the caf" was moderately vacant since lunch was coming to an end and the rush had already made its way through. Students often opted for the food in there because of the more for the self serve nature and shorter wait time. You could grab your tray, select whatever you wanted in the warmers and displays, swipe your student ID and be on your way.

No-fuss. No muss.

Plus they were already paying for it anyway. Meal plans weren't cheap so you'd better use that shit when you could. You were considered less frugal and bougie at Bayfield if you ate amongst the chains every day. Or you were part of the faculty, staff, or alumni.

Yoongi grabs a tray and passes it over to Alana, taking her books from her grasp. She watched him curiously as his backpack swung around his body for it to be unzipped and her books stashed neatly inside with his.

He was always so nonchalant at being so chivalrous and it was adorable.

And attractive.

She sucked in the meat of her inner cheek at the gentlemanly gesture, even though Yoongi doesn't even make a big deal of it. He seemed to be more focused on filling his growling stomach.

Oh yeah...

Food.

Cheeseburgers. Burritos. Wraps. Pizza.
Club sandwiches. Tuna salad Sandwiches. Paninis. Subs. Nachos. Soups. Assorted chips and cookies.

All were freshly prepared and wrapped in warming aluminum and kept the food hot or cool under the red and blue lights in the display.

Damn. This must be where the commonly dreaded "freshman 15" came from. There wasn't a green thing in sight!! Well, there was a salad bar at the far end but who can think about a salad with all of this greeting you at the front of the line.