3

Several minutes pass and no more is said between the two of then as he was intensely consumed by his game, cussing randomly and huffing with frustration.

Alana's knee bounced as she strummed over her timeline aimlessly, not even comprehending the captions and memes her thumb passed over. She began to taste blood at how fiercely she chewed on her bottom lip as burning questions plagued her.

".....was he playing or...."

"....was he serious?"

She glanced up cautiously through her lashes to see if Yoongi was paying her any mind. And of course, he wasn't, his dark irises glowing the reflection of the TV as they danced back and forth.

"Naw....he's not serious.....He's always talking crazy. He can't be....."

She shook her head quickly to dispel the idea, flipping her braids back over her head.

But the more she sat there, the more she considered the alternative. The more she imagined the feeling of Yoongi's tongue touching her in places that hadn't been touched by anyone other than herself in far too long...

"....what if.....he's serious..."

"So..."

At the sound of her voice, Yoongi's eyes flit in your direction and she immediately looked down to appear far more casual than she felt.

The heat from Yoongi's gaze was on her again and she knew for sure that she had his attention.

Quietly, Alana cleared her throat.

"You were...just talking shit, right? You weren't serious...." she asked timidly. Her tone makes him pause his hands and he quirks his brow.

"About what?" he says with a seriousness in his eyes and tone that makes Alana consider neverminding it.

But she couldn't. She had to know.

"About...you know....." she stammers, struggling to form the question and secretly hoping Yoongi would catch her drift. When he doesn't respond, she lifts her eyes to find him staring at her curiously.

His casual gaze hardens as realization hits and her body language tells him EXACTLY what she was talking about.

"Oh....OH.....uhm..." Yoongi's jaw drops a fraction as his words struggle to break free. She frowned at his hesitance and she instantly regretted asking.

The two were JUST FRIENDS for fucks sake. Of course, he was joking...

"I mean...I wasn't....not...serious.." he finally says, breaking her scolding inner monologue.

"Huh?" she breathed as she lifted her head.

"Did you...want me to be serious?" he looks around awkwardly for a moment, letting his eyes skim back over to catch her blinking slowly and at a complete loss for words.

"I mean.....well.." Alana stammered again and Yoongi watches her fidget beneath the table. The way her knee bounced rhythmically and how her ankles crossed and her body turned to conceal the way she was stealthily squeezing her thighs together.

Alana was always so easy to read. Though her skin tone concealed the redness of her blush, Yoongi could always tell by the way she hid her face or bit her bottom lip how something affected her. He always flirted with her to get those little reactions. They made something in his chest churn in the best way.