14

🎶

"Oh...shit...Alana...hey..."

Yoongi stammers in surprise as he lingered in his doorway. His scowl of confusion melts away after a few seconds of eye contact and he's unsubtly reminded of his scantiness of clothing when a chilly breeze flows through his into the entry. He self consciously glances around the areas beyond Alana as if he expected someone else to be knocking on his door at 8:50 on a weeknight. The thought has an odd effect on her, unsure of why her mind went where it did as she takes a step back.

"Hey...Sorry for the pop-up. I mean I called but.....I'm just here for my book"  she says, hiding her pout. Her eyes accidentally fall from his face to his chest, swallowing quickly at the sight of his dark nipples that centered his well-defined pecs.

Alana had seen Yoongi without a shirt before. Sometimes at the main campus gym where Alana would make use of the track or the pool, which was where she happened upon Yoongi and Namjoon. And while Namjoons physique is impressive and accentuated by his stature, Yoongi was just as admirable. From the way, he was seated at the edge of the pool, wide-legged in his dark swim shorts clinging to his muscular thighs. To how his slouched posture emphasized his core.

Even then from a distance, it was enough to have her slowing her steps on her way to locker rooms.

But now, being so close and damn near smelling the soap still on his skin, seeing the water still dripping down his torso...

"..Aw shit. My fault...I left it on my charger. Come on.." He tilts his head and shuffles back a few inches to invite Alana inside, holding the door open. She gives him a tight-lipped smile as she did, ever conscious of how close they were as she passed him. Yoongi immediately shuts and locks his door and turns to face Alana, who was already turning on her heels to do the same.

A stark contrast to each other in every way, Alana was fully dressed in her ripped denim jacket and a fitted black crop that stopped just above her naval with matching leggings and Nikes. Her make-up was light but accentuated by her thick lashes and lip gloss and her braids were pulled up into a top knot bun. Yoongi's eyes flit to the slight shimmer of her waist beads before looking back up at her face.

"You going out or just coming from somewhere?" he asks and Alana shakes her head.

"Just getting back. Mochii and I got some food," she confirms, and Yoongi nods in understanding.

"Oh..cool....you look nice," he adds, feeling the awkwardness of the moment as he was still standing there barefoot with only a towel wrapped at his waist. His hand fidgets with the overlapping portion and Alana smirks at the obvious nervousness in his demeanor.

At least she wasn't the only one.

"Yeah you too." she tucks her lip between her teeth, tipping her chin in his general direction and Yoongi glances down as if he just realized he was still naked.

"Oh..well yeah new towels...got 'em from Target...Let me.... um.." he begins, pointing towards his bedroom and Alana lifts her palms.

"Yeah absolutely do what you have to do..." she says amidst his stammering, both of them comically stepping in opposite directions as Yoongi inched towards the doorway.

"Ima just..." he moonwalks into the opening and Alana rolls her eyes at his silliness.

"For sure. Take your time" she nods just as Yoongi disappeared beyond the frame.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll just be a sec.." was the last thing she heard before his door closed.

That was when she exhaled completely for the first time, taking note of her fast-beating heart.