Adrastos and Athanasia

♕Prologue♕

Prologue

'He's adorable'

Jeweled blue eyes stared at her, he wasn't smiling neither was he frowning. He just stared at her and kept his tiny fingers wrapped around her own— it was the first thing he did as soon as he was laid beside her.

"Aw~ look at our lovely princess and prince staring at each other," a voice filled with warmth gushed above their heads, but neither did she or he turn to whoever was speaking.

'Do we look the same? I have a twin?' were the questions running in her mind. 

"Princess Athanasia, it's time to drink your milk," a voice prompted, and her staring contest was abruptly halted as she was gently picked up from her crib.

How long has she woken up in this infant's body? It was hard to tell, but it might have been around a week at least. Well, maybe. At first, her mind was too wrapped up with the fact that she might have (Read: most probably is, but she's still in denial) reincarnated in a novel she read in her previous life: The lovely princess

Ah, wasn't it obvious from her thoughts? She's not a regular baby. After a regular day (albeit it was colder as it was turning winter), she had gone to bed after drinking sleeping pills... only to wake up to this. A baby princess.

Even after a week of living out this life, it still doesn't make sense.

...So maybe she's also in denial about being in denial— Ow, her head, she doesn't want to think anymore.

It was only this morning that her maid brought in another baby, to her confusion (adding another plate of questions, of course). 'Where the hell was he all this time?' . Her question was later answered when a maid sighed heavily after entering. 

"I know it's custom to raise the prince and princess apart, but I fear of inducing the wrath of His Majesty if I were to move him to a different palace," the (now) familiar brunette maid had softly said, "besides, they're twins. They shouldn't live apart"

Another (still) unfamiliar maid clicked her tongue, "that was why we prepared his room just beside hers, Lilian. Anyways, since you pushed this, you take care of the princess and prince."

'Ha,' she sulked, allowing herself to be burped by Lilian, the only maid that took care of her and actually cared (the others were very mean to a dependent infant).

As she was laid down, her eyes met his once more, 'this is the only discrepancy from that book. I never read about the princess having a brother, so who is this child?!'

"Prince Adrastos, it's your turn now," the maid called out gently, warmth visible from her smile.

'Adrastos?' she thought, thinking back, she remembered fans speculating the possibility that the Emperor had another child, after a small excerpt from the book. 'How did it go again...? Ah!'

"Sister... May I ask why that room is locked?" the lovely princess Jennette asked with a tilt of her head, eyes focused on the faded blue door that was padlocked.

The first princess visited her sister's palace. It was an interesting place, despite less extravagant than the Emerald Palace it still had the air befitting the royal family.

Princess Athanasia paused from her walk, eyes flying back to the door her sister had indicated, her lips thinned as her eyes darkened, and air turned frigidly cold. That was the only time Jennette saw the similarities of her sister and father. 

"It concerns neither father nor you, sister," Jennette was confused by her sister's unusual cold tone, "for it matters not as the owner of that room is gone, has been for years"

"If that is so, why not use it for another purpose?" Jennette asked, curiosity brimming in her jeweled eyes.

As they continued their walk down the hall, her sister answered her not, eyes remained unfocused. It might have been her imagination, but Jennette swears that she heard her sister mutter, "I don't want him forgotten..." 

Jennette never spoke about that room again.

Just because of that one part, avid fans rose theories after theories that Athanasia had a sibling. Others fought that it was a childhood friend. Most theorized that it was the room of another concubine's child. After all, not much was known about Athanasia besides having a dead mother who was a dancer from Siodonna.

However, she, personally, didn't think too much about it. Lilian, the maid that had been caring about them, laid the other baby back in the crib. Then proceeds their sibling staring contest. 'Although I wasn't too into those headache-inducing theories, I can now tell those fans that the room belonged to Athanasia's brother. Her twin brother.'

This does not mean she had accepted that she's reincarnated as that princess. But that's not the point!

They both reached out at the same time, much to her surprise, and took each other's hands (once again, ignoring the happy coos of the woman watching them). 'Was this Twinpathy?' she questioned herself, eyes wide.

As she stared at the adorable face of the baby boy beside her, she couldn't help but melt. From the way his jeweled blue eyes was trained on her to his chubby rose cheeks— he was simply lovely and adorable~! 'I've always wanted a sibling'

Small chubby fingers took hers and she felt her heart swell as a gummy smile was shown on the other babe's face. 'Adrastos. This Noona will take care of you.'

Pausing, she inwardly cackled, 'but first, let's give you a pet name, shall we~?' 

꧁♕꧂

Author's Note & Disclaimer

Hello! Thanks for reading. This is to acknowledge images/gifs/videos to be used in this story does not belong to me. Although there might be some images in which I edited (e.g. a scene or the story's cover), original artwork still does NOT belong to me, just the edited ones :)

This story takes on the idea that Athanasia originally had a younger twin brother who wasn't actively mentioned in the Lovely Princess (which is why Lee Ji Hye doesn't know him). Reasons for that will be shown later on ;)

MAIN Plot line will be the same, included scenes from the WEBTOON and some facts from the novel. But, as there's an additional character, there are sure to have some changes, of course.

I won't be using any Korean words EXCEPT "Noona/Noonim" because it sounds nice. Despite Adrastos calling Athy "Noona", it basically means he's calling her his sister. I might also use the term "Unnie" which younger females use to call older females.

Perspectives will be on centralized third person's point of view (an example is this prologue which was in Athy's perspective but written as Third Person) and the form of writing changes dependent on the speaker. Hope it's not too confusing!

Some warning tags:
this story may or may not include cursing, slight gore, same-sex relationships, implicated innuendoes, death, and abusement.

In terms of the story:
This fic does NOT actively hate Jenette, the Alpheuses, or even Anastacius/Penelope.

Update: Every Monday and Tuesday :)

Alright, that's all from me! Thank you once again and I hope for you to enjoy :)