1

warning: a little gore in the end.

"Princess!"

Lilian dashed within the princess' and prince's room. Upon arriving, she was both confused and amused to see the little princess bawling her eyes out as her small hands continue to roll the gold orb she received as a toy. The prince, on the other hand, was staring with wide rounded eyes, most probably surprised to see his older sister suddenly bawling her eyes out.

How did the princess fell into this crying mess as soon as she left the room? And she was just fine when they were reading the book and Lilian was telling stories about their father, His Highness.

Easily picking up the bawling babe, Lilian fell quickly to a soothing rhythmic pattern of swaying, hoping to ease the crying babe, "why is my princess so upset?"

Eyes flickering down to the prince who still continued to stare, the maid-in-charge of both royal babies warmly smiled, "maybe she's just hungry, what do you think, prince Adrastos?" 

Lilian was both relieved and frustrated with how the princess and prince are living. It was fortunate that the two may live in a lavish palace with enough meals. But at the same time, the maids (and even their own father, for god's sake!) were ignoring the young royals. 

And this bothered her. Greatly.

She initially found the two to be only cared for with little to minimal effort— it had infuriated her. Lilian York, although not too well-known in the social circles, is the middle daughter of a viscount family. Hence, when she had charged head-on to be the infants' caretaker, despite not being the heiress, she was still faced with many opposition and grievances about her choice (her family still sends her letters, requesting for her return). But Lilian doesn't care, these two lovely children are from the woman who inspired her...

...Lady Diana of Siodonna.

"Come on, Prince Adrastos, let's feed your needy sister, shall we?" Lilian cooed, easily lifting up the calm prince, whilst making sure that the fussy princess was still comfortable.

She was surprised, at first, when she found out that lady Diana gave birth to two beautiful twins. But Lilian quickly fell in love as she met equal intelligent and sparkling jewel blue eyes. Although the two were much too young to tell, she could also see the features of Lady Diana within the princess, and His Majesty's upon the young prince.

"You're not hungry and your diaper is also not dirty..." Lilian mumbled under her breath as continued to expect the still crying princess. Frowning, she turned her head to the prince whose eyes never left his sister, despite being some distance away as Lilian had placed the prince in his crib. "She's been needy these days, hasn't she?" the maid commented, voice laced with amused fondness.

Prince Adrastos tilted his head and Lilian couldn't help but giggle. Fixing the princess' dress, she lifted the princess into her arms once more. If she were to be honest, Lilian wouldn't be surprised if the two were labeled as geniuses. Despite being such young infants, both displayed actions that were months, even years away from their expectations.