15

A/N: PLEASE CHECK A/N BELOW! THANKS~

Sigh.

Flick.

Siiiiiiiiigh.

A golden brow twitched. Flick.

"SSSIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHH"

Thump. Closing his book shut, he lifted his eyes to glance at the other bed within the room where the sighs an aura of depression was coming from. Pursing his lips as his brows furrowed in thoughts, Adrastos placed the book he was reading aside to jump off his bed.

"Noona"

"ACK!"

He watched in amusement as the little girl known as his older sister jumped like a cat. A fluttering paper caught his gaze, and in his curiosity, he reached out to take it—

Only for said paper to disappear before his eyes like a magic trick.

Albeit, he swore he saw the words Ardy's backstory?? in the paper. Alas, he decided not to pressure the obviously high-strung girl that sat before him.

"A-ah, Ardy, heeeeeey," he arched a brow at the obvious nervous greeting, his gaze shifted to the paper she hid behind her back, "I thought you were asleep?"

"Noona," he frowned, "how can anyone sleep with the sighs you were exhibiting?"

"Who said I was sighing, I wasn't sighing!"

He stared, and she nervously met his gaze. Holding her gaze and assessing her obvious lie (once again, a liar his sister was not), he finally shrugged. "Alright, but can't we just sleep?"

"Yeah, let's slee— eh? Why are you climbing up my bed?"

Adrastos yawned, flopping beside his sister, he buried his face in the fluffy pillow. He replied a muffled, "I wanna sleep with Noona"

Silence responded. Bewildered by the silence that shouldn't be associated with Athy, he tilted his head, only to be met with the sad eyes of his Noona. 'I don't like that face,' he thought with a frown. "Noona? What's wrong?"

He saw her visibly hesitate before she nudged her books and paper aside to lay beside him. He watched with a curious gaze as she took his hands in hers and leaned their foreheads together. "Ardy," her voice was sad, too sad, "I'm your Noona, I should protect you, not the other way around"

'What the heck,' he thought, very confused of his situation, 'where was this coming from?'

"I'm your twin, Noona, we can protect each other," he pointed out slowly

She shook her head, and much to his alarm and confusion, tears pricked her eyes, "promise me you won't do anything stupid, Ardy"

Feeling her shaky hands in his, he could only nod after some hesitation, "I won't"