39

Lucas was excited. His mana was thrumming around him as he made his way to the big tree that his princess deemed to be her "secret hideaway".

Although she didn't knew there was always a 'plus one' that was her supposedly dead brother.

He found it cute how such a mature young woman can also have slips of childlike innocence. A childhood she deserves but never received.

Shaking his head away from dark thoughts. He was about to enter the tree line when a shuffling of leaves caught his attention. Keeping his pace, he eyed the boy that left the hidden clearing hiding his princess away from the world. Frowning at the boy with short honey brown hair and amber eyes, Lucas easily saw through the coat of magic hiding away the child's true features- dark auburn hair and amber eyes.

But Lucas ignored him— feeling no negative energy nor malicious lust, and continued past the tree line to the clearing of flowers red eyes brightening at the sight of the beautiful angel known as his princess. Grinning haughtily as he always had, he was ready to greet her when he realized two things:

There was a frown, filled with confusion, on his lady's face.

And the boy known as her twin brother, was not there.

Faltering, Lucas immediately went to the true heiress' side. Firmly but gently grasping her hand, he frowned when those jewel blue eyes were slow to meet his paid of red orbs. 'Where is he?' he thought, a slight twinge of anxiety churning within his gut, 'we both sworn for at least one of us to be around Athanasia, now where is he?'

 'Where is he?' he thought, a slight twinge of anxiety churning within his gut, 'we both sworn for at least one of us to be around Athanasia, now where is he?'

"Princess, did something happen?" he questioned softly, not wanting to worry the true heiress of the throne.

"A... someone came by," she responded in a quiet voice, thoughts obviously wandering- probably still musing whatever she went through, her golden brows furrowed, and if it wasn't a serious situation, he would have teased her. "He suddenly appeared, introduced himself, then"

Her jewel eyes sharpened as she met his gaze once more. "Lucas, my brother is dead."

He ignored the need to flinch. "We've talked about this, Athanasia."

"No," she spoke evenly, a frown on her face. "You've always dodged it, Lucas."

"What did he say?"

"What did who say?"

"Princess," it was his turn to sigh. Gripping the small shoulders of the young woman before him, he leaned close to her, "I'll explain later, now what did that child say?"

 Gripping the small shoulders of the young woman before him, he leaned close to her, "I'll explain later, now what did that child say?"