29

"I'll see you later then, Princess"

The fourteen year old princess paused right before leaving the room, turning back to the warlock who had his red eyes focused on her person, unseen blue sapphire eyes glowered as the warm smile of the wizard was met with a blushing blonde girl.

"Yes, take care of yourself, Lucas"

As the door slammed shut, red eyes snapped to the glowering invisible prince who had seen the whole interaction, growling as he did so. It amuses Lucas as to how obvious that the princess' little brother dislikes him with his every fiber.

Resting his chin on his fist, his voice was filled with curiosity as he probed the (not really) dead royal, "You still seriously don't trust me? It's been a year since I've entered the Palace."

A year. A lot has come and gone since the Princess first granted him to be a royal magician (it was surprising that the princess knew the head magician, something about a research gone wrong), even without the Emperor knowing. Being the princess' personal mana tutor (and the prince, not that anyone knew, of course) allowed both Lucas and Athanasia to learn more about each other.

It wasn't surprising that Lucas was considered as the Princess' closest friend, her only friend, even. Maybe it was because of him that the princess wasn't too depressed with the latest addition— the chimera.

"Of course not!" the exclamation of the prince brought the wizard out of his reverie, and as he met glaring blue jeweled eyes much like the princess', the prince scowled, "I'll be an idiot if I trust you with Noona, even if she trusts you!"

The way he scoffed after that was so alike as his twin sister's, that Lucas couldn't help but snicker.

"So, give me a reason as to why I should trust you, then maybe I'll try."

"A reason huh?" the magician of the black tower hummed to himself, eyeing the royal that patiently waited with a piercing gaze.

'It's obvious why he's still willing to try, despite not truly wanting to,' Lucas thought to himself

'It's obvious why he's still willing to try, despite not truly wanting to,' Lucas thought to himself. It was easy enough to read the ghostly prince, everything was about his sister after all.