28

"Oh no"

It was with a sudden realization that had caught Adrastos off-guard one early February morning. Feeling a pair of eyes upon him, he met his sister's gaze who was frowning in concern. "Is something wrong, Ardy?"

"Er," clearing his throat, his eyes travelled away as his pale cheeks flushed in embarrassment, "I just... realized something"

"What is it?"

Seeing his sister suddenly in front of him, curiously staring at him with innocent eyes, he felt frozen. "It's erm..." sighing, he grounded out, knowing he dug his own grave, "I just.. thought of puberty?" 

"Puberty?!"

Hearing the aghast voice of his sister, the younger twin shot up to hold her by the shoulders in panic, "don't get me wrong! I just read that puberty can happen as early as ten or eleven years old and the changes are dramatic from sudden pitch changes and even severe pain or even something as trivial as pimple outbreaks and—!"

A sudden bark of laughter from Athy made the flushed prince clam his mouth shut, stiff as a board, he stared at his sister with wide eyes. As the princess fell on the floor, continuing her laughter spree, the embarrassment flushed away to annoyance, and it didn't take long for the younger brother to tackle his elder sister, trying to get her to stop with Athy fighting back while still laughing.

"What the heck?"

This was the scene that Lucas had arrived to upon deciding to check on the twins, as their "playmate". It didn't take long for the two blondes to separate, gasping in breath for different reasons.

"Ardy, you can be dumb sometimes. If anything, I should worry about puberty more." The princess finally spoke up, mirth coating her voice as she faced her brother. Jumping to her feet, she pulled her brother up before sitting beside Lucas who was enjoying the show.

Adrastos huffed, sitting across the two, a pout on his lips as he rested his chin on his propped up fist. "Still"

"Your sister's right ya know," Lucas cut in, already busy stuffing his face with the snacks on the tea table, red eyes eyeing the walnut cookies near the prince— who was glaring at obvious wariness, "your sister's gonna be in more pain as a female, and much more so with her mana levels, it would affect her more."

"Can't you just, ya know," Athy waved her hands with a flourish, catching both Adrastos and the magicians' attention, "magic my pain away if that happens?"

"Are you an idiot?" The magician snorted, ignoring the glare of Adrastos, "if I do that it'll get worst"

"How?" The question was blurted out of Adrastos' lips even before he could stop himself, rolling his eyes from the smug smile of the wizard

"Same reason why your dad didn't heal your sister's cavities—"

"Wait, how'd you know about my cavities?" both boys ignored the insert of said sister.

"Using magic to relieve someone of pain can affect a person to be super susceptible to pain at the best case scenario," a savage smirk brought a shudder down both twins' backs, "and at worst, they don't feel pain at all."

"Isn't not feeling pain better?" Adrastos' sister meekly asked

Red eyes turned towards the princess, "imagine having your limb torn off and you didn't even know until you slowly bleed to death."

"Prince Adrastos"

The knock made both Obelian twins jump in surprise, before the prince answered (of course, after a glare towards his sister's playmate), "what is it?"