7

SPLASH!

SPLASH!

Athanasia stared blankly at the sky, feeling the roughness of the boat underneath her, her mind whirled as her body stayed in shock. She could still feel the loud thumping of her heart, blood rushing to her head making her dizzy.

She was sure she was about to fall into the water.

...So why was she still in the boat?

The sound of splashing water made its way to her ears. Slowly sitting up, her wide jeweled eyes made its way to stare at the man whose gaze was not trained on her. Following his gaze with slow movements, the sound of a person gasping for breath became the focus of her attention.

She stood up and stumbled to the edge of the boat. But a thought made her pause.

Where was Ardy?

Eyes roaming the boat, panic started to settle in her chest as her mind started to work against the shock. Hands trembling, she looked at the edge of the boat that was a little too tall for her to peer at from her current position.

"A..Ardy?" her voice escaped her shakily

With a trembling hand, she stopped short from peering over the boat right away. 

Did Ardy just... Ardy...?

Pushing against the fear and shock, she leaned over the boat, only to feel bone-trembling fear. Seeing the small hands reaching out from the water— reaching for her —her blue jeweled eyes widened, mouth opening once, wanting to call out his name, but stopped as her throat felt parched and dry.

SPLASH!

He broke through the water to gasp for air, halting her breath. They eyes met, only for a brief moment, but as he went underwater once more, a piercing shriek escaped her lips.

"ARDY!!"

Turning to the man that was still in the boat, tears spilling down her cheeks, she cried out, "help him, please!"

He stared at her indifferently, chin still resting on his fist.