23

"Lucas, did my brother really send you?"

The wizard paused, dropping the hand that was being used to hold up the girl's books through simple levitation, he arched a brown and hummed in thought. The soon to be fourteen year-old princess looked up from her mana training, letting the book drop to the ground. 

"Essentially," he finally responded, after glancing at said brother who was glaring daggers at him, floating approximately a meter away, with his arms crossed above his chest.

"But he's dead"

Red eyes shifted to the princess whose eyes had turned dark with her rebuttal, her frown bringing discomfort to his chest, 'I don't like her frown,' he thought instead.

He reached out, flicking her forehead, he ignored the squawk of befuddlement that came from the princess to focus on his task once more. But before he could even continue, or before the princess could even question his actions, a knock rang from the wooden doors of the young royal's study chamber.

 But before he could even continue, or before the princess could even question his actions, a knock rang from the wooden doors of the young royal's study chamber

"A-ah, enter"

"Princess Athanasia, It is time for your academics lesson"

"I'll be there right away"

Lucas watched as the princess turned to him, she opened her mouth before snapping it shut once more, her brows furrowing as she shook her head. "I shall see you later, Lucas?"

"Take care, princess" the wizard hummed

As the wooden doors slammed shut and the graceful footfalls of the princess disappeared, the raven haired boy arched a brow at the prince that remained, "oh? Not going after your sister?"

"Why" the prince demanded, a scowl on his lips, "why teach my sister, why lie, do you plan to hurt my sister, is that it?"

Red eyes stared within the royal eyes of the ghost-like prince before huffing, sprawling at the chaste lounge, the wizard twirled his fingers, and an image of a woman that was alike the princess that just left came alive in a whirl of gold and red.

The only difference were those magenta eyes rather than the royal jewels.

Lucas need not to see the prince to know he has his full attention. "It was surprising, the power that a Psychi wields is truly out of this world. Did you know that? And I mean it quite literally."

"You've mentioned that before, Psychi," the ghostly twin's tone was questioning, waiting

"I have," the wizard hummed in agreement, "I didn't know her at first, but it was surprising that someone forcefully aroused me from slumber." 

The silence prompted Lucas to continue, "I'll tell you next time. But know one thing, Prince Adrastos," red clashed against jeweled blues, "you never truly died."