17

He stared at the small creature that had enamored his sister's entire time and affection. He would have been glad for his sister if the little bug ignored him. But sadly, that wasn't the case. Don't get him wrong, at first, he was glad his sister could have a pet companion— but the thing was just so damn annoying

Adrastos watched the little thing innocently eat the chocolate treat his sister gave it. 'Aren't dogs supposed to be poisoned by chocolate?' he dryly thought, chin resting on his fist as he watched from afar. The annoying thing glanced at him, and he narrowed his eyes in warning.

'Damn you, mutt.' He cursed in his mind. He lost count how many times his peaceful sweet sleep had been interrupted by it.

Well, there was that and another thing.

"Num nums~ You're such a good boy, Raven!"

He kept his gaze focus on his sister's face. Relief filled his chest as he noticed that she wasn't as pale as last night.

He had awoken in the middle of the night to Athy's whimpers. Dashing to his sister's side, he couldn't do anything but stay at her side as she wasn't warm to his touch, neither did she displayed any physical symptoms.

If anything, it looked like she was only suffering from nightmares. But the way her fingers clawed her chest made him worry, deeply.

But as he curled up to her side, and awaited for her to calm down, he had breathed a breath of relief when her whimpers died down and she fell back to a peaceful slumber once more.

"Princess, Prince, it's high time to greet His Majesty," Felix's cheerful voice brought him out of his memories of the prior night.

Luckily, (or is it unfortunate?) Athy didn't seem to be conscious of what had happened the night before. And her energy was back to normal.

"Hng."

The younger brother could only roll his eyes at the elder's obvious dissatisfaction. As he move to grab the lose white blouse he would wear above his yellow inner-wear, his hand slipped as he suddenly felt something tackle him from behind.

"Gah!" He groaned, 

"Prince!" ignoring Felix running towards his aid. Opening his jewel blue eyes, he glared at the creature innocently wagging its tail. 

"Ardy!" he heard his Noona call out in worry, "are you okay?" 

He grunted as he accepted Felix's help, and for a moment, he kept silent as his older sister allowed Lily to continue tying the bow on her dress. He glanced at the creature that still sat innocently.

He glared.

"Hn? Ardy, what's wrong?"

Meeting his Noona's gaze, he scowled, "I don't like your pet. Can't we keep it somewhere else?"

"Wah! Ardy, don't be mean to Raven!"

His glare sharpened as his sister picked up the creature to embrace it. Seeing the little bugger lick his Noona's cheek, his eyes narrowed.

"I don't like you" he mouthed silently as he slipped on his top, and as the creature tilted his head, the prince scowled, huffing as he turned away, 'not one bit'.

-♕17♕-

Athanasia couldn't help the amused smile building on her lips as she skipped beside her sulking twin. Rarely does she see him as bothered as this, and it was a source of entertainment for her.

'But seriously, why does he not like Raven? My Raven is so sweet~'

"Hnng." Her skipping halted as an echo of a pain bloomed in her chest.

Damn, that was the third time today. Did she had one too many chocolates?

"Noona?"

Twin pairs of blue jewel eyes met, one was filled with worry, whilst the other in muddled pain and annoyance.

She waved a hand, "it's nothing, Ardy, no need to worry"

He shook his head and turned to glance at Felix who walked far enough to not hear their conversation. "You've been uncomfortable since you woke up, Noona," her baby brother frowned, "and you're pale too"

Smiling tightly, she grabbed on Ardy's hand and gently tugged on it to continue their walk, "I told you, it's nothing, worry wart"

'I bet it's just the adrenaline since I'll be seeing Claude in a bit,' she thought to herself, ignoring the worried stare of her brother, 'either that or it's because I've been sleeping later at night'

"Noona... I really think we should get you a doctor" hearing the whimper in his voice made Athy pause, turning to face him, she saw how his eyes were filled with worry, unshed tears pricking the corners of his eyes.

Smiling as warmly as she could, she tightened the grip of the hand she held. "Alright, but after we meet Papa, okay?"

She watched as her brother bit his lower lip, pursing it in thought (a habit she noticed he tended to do), before hesitantly nodding, "alright, promise?"

Grinning, she released his hand for a moment to hold out her pinkie. Watching as Ardy's own pinkie wrapped around hers, her grin turned softer, eyes filled with warmth for her only sibling, "twinkie promise"

Seeing her twin crack a small smile at her comment, she hummed before grabbing his small hand once more. "Now come on, Papa's waiting for us~"

"Yeah yeah~ you're just excited for the food, you sweets addict"

"Not," she huffed in reply, "an addict"

"Uhuh~ and I ain't lazy"

"Ugh, Ardy!"