40

'Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.' 

Athy felt like running around like a headless chicken.

Should she run? No, that would catch more attention than necessary. She could simply bring Lucas and turn away, since she's not really her brother, she doesn't have to attend classes. Speaking of classes, wouldn't people find it weird to see two Ajax? Oh no, he's nearing, what does she do, she doesn't have much time—

"Ah! Ajax! Didn't you mention you'll be going to town this afternoon?"

Kyaargh!

"Ah, I did," the voice left her, smooth as a feather, and despite the coldness within her chest, Athy supposed the interactions with a ticking time bomb that was her father had prepared her plenty. "But I left something and decided to go tomorrow instead."

"Ah but who are you?" 

"Do I have to tell you?"

Seeing their attention turned to Lucas and the warlock maintaining said attention, Athy allowed herself a small breather, only to realize that those golden eyes hadn't turned away from her, and rather, now had a contemplative look on the young boy's handsome face.

"Sir Ajax," the silver haired boy softly greeted after a moment of silence, cheeks flushed from probably realizing he was blatantly staring at the disguised princess. "Pardon my rudeness"

Simply nodding, Athy turned away, her own cheeks flushed. She heard a gasp come from the Alpheus heir, but when she turned back (in surprise), all she saw was a heavily confused boy.

"There you both are!"

The call immediately waned the noise of the trio of boys that were bothering Lucas. All attention slipped to the boy that approached with a Cheshire grin on his face. And oddly enough, Athy felt like those amber eyes and tussled auburn hair (so tussled, Athy wondered if the boy ever heard of a comb) were familiar.

"Who are you?" Lucas cocked a brow.

Athy had to repress the urge to slap and scold him for his rudeness (as usual). Instead, she stepped forward with a polite smile, pinpointing who this boy was with her brother's vivid description with 'interesting classmates'. 

"How may I help you, sir Helios?" she politely asked with a mask of friendliness.

The amber eyes of the boy sharpened as a dangerous glint made way to his Cheshire grin. "Did you not promise to have a conversation with me, young jewel?"

Eyes narrowed, her friendly smile turned cold as she felt Lucas step up beside her, his mana spreading out threateningly. 'He switched language,' she thought warily, 'a language that only the royal bloods of Obelia would know.'

"It seemed to have slipped my mind, apologies," she passed him a fake apologetic smile as she waved her wrist for Lucas' attention. Meeting the Alpheus' eyes that silently stood beside her, she nodded, "until later, sir Alpheus."

She missed the greetings of goodbyes as she followed the quiet boy with Lucas beside her. It wasn't even a surprise when they entered a classroom and suddenly found themselves in a forest clearing, her uniform back to her princess dress, and her waves of platinum blonde hair at regular length.

"You're the seer." Lucas pointed out, and Athy had to frown in confusion.

"The seer?" 

"That I am," the auburn boy sighed, face devoid of the Cheshire grin that was on his face prior. His amber eyes' vividness brightened with a yellow aura, "my name is Jascelepius Ivan von Helios, you may simply call me Ace, I am the seer that your brother seeks, princess Athanasia."