26

"...I think it would be for the best, don't you think, your Highnesses?"

"Mhmm...."

"As I thought"

Adrastos rolled his eyes, it was plain as day that his sister was hardly listening in to the conversation, too lost in her own messy world. Yawning, he leaned against the throw pillow beside him, eyes drooping, humming happily at his father's gentle caress on the crown of his head.

Staring at his sister's distracted face, he frowned, 'Is she still weirded out that our Father gave us the Emerald Palace?'

Although, as the prince, Adrastos was to inherit a different palace on his own, but after a twin attack of pitiful stares towards their father, Claude had deemed to let both siblings stay in one palace— much to the exasperation of Felix and relief of Lily.

Luckily, months passed by without a hitch, and the twins had passed their seventh birthday. Surprisingly, Claude had asked them what they wanted for their seventh birthday (on a day he found himself curled up in his father's chest, half-asleep, with Athy playing with a toy on their father's lap). Athy, ever-persistent, asked for her old maids that used to give her chocolate, and Adrastos simply asked for a dagger and some lessons on how to wield it. 

Obviously, there were some confusion on why he didn't request for a sword instead, but he didn't expound. 

He despises swords, Afterall.

Currently, a few weeks had passed by since both Adrastos and Athanasia entered their eight year in this life, and the twins fell back to their daily tea time with their father. Although, ever since the incident with Noona's mana fluctuation, their father seemed to be more attentive to their needs.

Which was why he's currently curled up beside the man and a bunch of (very) soft throw pillows.

"I don't get it, why would you need something that's a waste of time?"

Seeing Athy flinch, he supposed that his sister had returned from dream land. Opting that time to make his move, he turned his head— immediately grabbing his father's attention. 

"Can't we just be playmates with each other instead?" he grumbled, sleepily rubbing his eyes. 'Ah, I might have trained my mana too much yesterday'.

"Yeah, yeah! Athy doesn't wanna be playmates with Mr. Whitey's kid!" Noona added, huffing.

"As I thought, right?" Felix responded with a warm smile, and Adrastos saw the moment confusion made his sister freeze. It was evident that she was incredibly lost in the conversation. "I met sir Roger today and he told me that he is planning to send his son to Arlanta soon"

'Arlanta?' interest piqued, the prince tilted his head in question, unaware of his father that had frowned at the obvious interest of his son and daughter.

"Good." His father's cold voice made the boy blink in confusion. "Then maybe he'll stop barking about the manner"

'Why is he looking at me like that?'

"Is Mr. Whitey's son going to Arlanta to play?" His sister piped up, head tilted cutely with a pout on her lips

'Arlanta Academy's a great school to study mana and magic, if I recall correctly.' Adrastos thought, a frown on his face, 'would it be a good idea to study there?'

' Adrastos thought, a frown on his face, 'would it be a good idea to study there?'