34

Athy jumped to her bed, mourning the loss of her pillow that broke from the impromptu pillow fight she had that afternoon. Just the thought of remembering Lily's scolding look was enough to make her shiver.

'It was Lucas' fault though!' She sulked.

Hearing the door squeak open, the princess turned to lie down on her stomach to watch her brother come in, a towel still draped over his damp hair as he loudly yawned, little arms stretching to the sky.

"Ardy," she called out, a smile playing on her lips, "come here, let me dry your hair"

The boy easily followed her call, sitting lazily before her as she moved to kneel behind him. Grabbing the towel, she started to gently towel dry his golden locks that her baby brother inherited from their father. Smiling as he yawned once more, the elder twin giggled. "You seem tired"

"Training," the boy mumbled, "I think I overdid my mana again, I'm sleepy

"Training," the boy mumbled, "I think I overdid my mana again, I'm sleepy."

Humming in thought, Athy continued to rub the towel against the locks. Enjoying the comfortable silence, the young girl paused as she hesitated to ask her brother the brimming question.

"If you wanna say something, just say it, Noona"

"Huh?"

Blinking, she was met with her brother's twin jewel blue eyes that peered at her with a slight annoyed look. "If you wanna say something, just say it. Hesitating doesn't suit you, you dummy."

"That's rude," blowing out a raspberry, she tossed the now wet towel at the foot of her bed, moving to sit in front of her twin, she folded her arms over her chest. "But alright, I'll ask. When are you leaving for Arlanta?"

"When, not why?" Ardy blinked owlishly, making Athy inwardly gush at his adorableness. 

"Ardy— no, Adrastos," pausing, she shakily took a breath in before meeting her brother's eyes steadily, "I won't stop you for something you want to do. All these years, I've been focusing on my desire to keep us both safe from the dangers within these palace walls. And I know, now, how much capable and strong my brother is," smile turning sad, her gaze trailed away, "more than me, maybe"

"Noona," hearing the frown on her brother's voice, Athy shook her head.

"I didn't mean to sound depressed, but I promise to get better, of course," huffing, she cheekily smiled before poking the boy's soft cheeks, "Lucas said by thirteen I should be able to start training my mana. As of now, if I try to do anything, my body will get sick. So wait for me to catch up, okay?"

Seeing her twin sit in silence, gazing at her with an unreadable gaze, Athy was surprised when she was suddenly pulled into a hug. Softly chuckling at her brother's gesture, the elder twin lifted her arms to wrap around her brother, further tightening the embrace.

"Ardy, whatever happens," she softly said, "I'll always be here for you."