[3] The attraction

LISA POV

The next couple of days were all the same. We got up in the mornings, had breakfast and packed up our entire camp to move on and get some distance done. Everybody was more than eager to get out of this damned forest that they didn't even complain about this constant moving around. We usually stopped late in the afternoon to make camp again for the night. 

I noticed the little witch taking up the habit of helping the girls cook, so I conveniently hung around the kitchen tent more often. I didn't know what it was but she intrigued me. I felt like I wanted to be around her constantly. And that was what irritated me so much. This wasn't like plain and simple sexual attraction. I mean I was definitely attracted to her in that way but somehow it felt... different.

I tried to keep up a flirty banter with her whenever I could and I felt like she was not exactly opposed to it. Maybe I just needed to sleep with her to get it out of my system. Maybe that's what this was. Spoken like a true douchebag, Lalisa... 

It's been a week since we met Jennie and I hung around the kitchen again, watching the girls make dinner. 

"Why don't you use your powers to cook?" Jisoo suddenly asked Jennie and my ears instantly perked up. My eyes flew to the beautiful brunette who looked down instead of facing Jisoo. "I actually like cooking the human way, it's therapeutic." she shrugged quietly. 

"But you could use your powers, right?" the dark haired girl pushed her further.

"Yes, I could..." Jennie sighed a little and I was wondering what thoughts were passing through her head at a simple question like this. Or was it not that simple for her?

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Let's see it then." I nodded at her challengingly from my usual leaning place by the crates. Jennie's head snapped my way and her eyes flashed bright blue without any warning while the vegetables she had been cutting were falling into neat little cuts all by themselves in front of her. She turned her head towards them again, focusing more. I had to shake my head a little because when her eyes flashed, I felt like I was being hypnotized. Seeing it up close this time, there were a thousand shades of blue in her orbs, flowing like waves and ripples of water.

Chaeyoung's herbs were also cutting themselves and flew into the big cauldron. My best friend gasped a little, throwing both her hands up in the air in shocked surrender and watched with wide eyes. I knew that the other two girls hadn't seen much magic before in their lives.

"Convenient little trick." Jisoo nodded approvingly, although still stunned. "We'll be done with dinner so much faster!" 

I didn't say anything but watched Jennie's face closely. She looked a little sad for a second but was able to mask it real quick in order to flash Jisoo a confident smile. 

"Why haven't you done that before, Jen?" Chaeyoung asked carefully. 

The witch's shoulders dropped a little and before she could say anything I spoke up with a calm but firm voice. 

"Just because you have powers, doesn't mean you want to use them all the time."

All three pairs of eyes flashed to me. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Jisoo and Chaeyoung look at me with silent understanding but I was focused on Jennie. Both her eyes were fleeting back and forth between mine, trying to read between the lines of what I had just said. Trying to read something that I wasn't telling her.

"I like your cooking even without the magic." I told her before I turned around as nonchalantly as I could and removed myself from the scene, simply walking out of the big tent. When I was outside and out of earshot of the girls I took a deep breath. I had almost gotten flustered from her intense eye contact. A little bit longer and I would have just grabbed her and carried her straight to my tent.