[37] The aftermath II

JENNIE POV

I stayed by Lisa's side until the intravenous drip was empty. Then I sent Suga out to get the girls. He obeyed me with a simple nod of his head. He had obviously decided to go back to not speaking to me too much. But maybe it was just his way of dealing with the shock of it all. We had known about the dangers outside but if I was completely honest with myself, I hadn't thought that something might actually happen. And that was completely fucking stupid. And I would never ever make that mistake again!

I stayed with my Lisa throughout the procedure of stitching up the wounds on her back, helping where I could. I did all of that in automatic and mechanical movements, taking orders from Chaeyoung without questioning her. My heart was hurting with the sight of my mate who was so badly injured and unconscious but I tried to push that feeling away from me, to be strong for Lisa. 

I tried to give her everything positive and loving that I had with every touch. And now, while Chaeyoung and Jisoo were pinching my mate's skin with a tiny needle and thread, my mind went to the very moment that my mouth had blurted out my most inner feelings for her. 

It had been like a flash of lightening inside of me. I saw Lisa all bloody and weak on the ground and the thought of loosing her to those injuries were utterly unbearable. And the terrible looming of her leaving me without knowing what she truly meant to me. How I truly felt about her. 

So in a wave of desperation, I had pressed my lips to her ear to tell her that she was my entire life in three simple words. 

I love you.

My love. My Lisa. I wanted to give her the strength to fight. For her life and for us. And in that moment of telling her, it didn't feel scary to admit my love. Because the possibility of loosing her felt a lot more terrifying. 

And I finally understood how Lisa had come to terms with this soulmate thing when I was the one who wouldn't wake up. It had been different, yes, but the basic principle was the same. And how ironic was it, that both of us had to suffer through something like this?! 

I looked up at Chaeyoung who was working quite concentrated. It had to be hard for her too. The two people who meant the most in her life, being life threateningly injured at the same time. But she had done one hell of a job. Not letting her emotions get the best of her too much. Prioritising Lisa over her husband because objectively, her injuries were worse than his. 

"All done." The pink-haired girl sighed and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Jisoo also let the utensils fall onto the table. They both looked beat. My eyes swept over my fairy girl's exposed back. It didn't look pretty. Her left shoulder and her upper back were criss-crossed with stitches, the brownish thread very visibly holding her torn skin together. 

Chaeyoung seemed to have seen my distraught look. 

"This is the best I can do but you know she heals faster and better than any of us. The scar on her cheek from that ice storm is hardly visible anymore..."

I shook my head and met her eyes. "Chaeng, I'm just glad she survived. She's not gonna worry about how it looks."

"I know. But you might...?"

I shook my head again, tears reentering my eyes when I looked at my unconscious mate. "Those are her battle scars and I will kiss them every night before we go to bed."

"That's sweet Jen." Chaeyoung smiled softly while Jisoo looked at me with something I didn't understand when I felt her eyes on me and met them. 

Something was going on with her and it had been like this for a while now. But I couldn't put my finger on it. She didn't talk about it. At least not to me. Maybe to Chaeyoung? I didn't know.