[72] The visions II

JISOO POV

I ran. I just fled out of there. I passed Jennie without so much as a word, hearing her calling my name after me but I did not turn around. I was sure she would fly into the stone home just like Lisa had, as soon as she realized that something was off. Which wouldn't take her long.

My feet took me all the way to the big gates of the faye circle. Irene had given all non-magical folk an enchanted bracelet that allowed us to pass through the gate even though we weren't fairies. Jennie, despite not being a fairy, didn't need one. She managed to get through by calling upon Lisa's magic. 

The gates opened for me and I slipped through, only noticed by a few faye on the way. However nobody tried to stop me. My heart ached so much. I felt betrayal, I felt rejected. I felt hopeless and just wanted to get away. 

My feet took me further and further. It was a lovely day, as it was mostly in this part of the world. Beyond the forest. I wanted to run into the forest and scream out my frustrations unheard but it was too far away for me to get there quickly. So I opted for the grassy cliffs overlooking the ocean. 

The closer I got, the more I felt like screaming. The wind picked up around here and the air smelled of salt water. I knew this place was special to Jennie and Lisa. The ocean had a calming effect on them. It had an empathic effect on me now. The wind was going strong and the waves crashed rougly against the stone below, like the nature around me understood the turmoil inside of me and mirrored it. Sea birds were flying about, screaming loudly while battling the wind.

I got to the top of the cliff, ready to sink down to my knees and give in to my emotions, when I noticed that I was not alone. 

My ex boyfriend of all people, sat in the grass, looking out over the blue horizon, his blonde hair being tousled by the rough ocean breeze. I wanted to turn around and leave instantly but apparently he had heard me. He turned and took one look at me.

"You look like shit."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Gee.. thanks." About to turn back around and get the hell away from him.

He tilted his head with a crooked smile. "You know what I mean. It's not often that you're like this... Something wrong?" His words stopped me in my tracks.

He still had the ability to see right through me. It was true. I wasn't usually this emotional. At least not for other people to see. To be fair, I hadn't planned on anyone to see me. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. 

J-hope and I had separated months ago but underneath it all we still somehow managed to stay friends. Kind of. We weren't close like before but he still knew me. 

"Just spit it out, whatever it is. You know you can trust me." His crooked smile made me a little nostalgic. Things with him had always been easy. He was easy going and so was I. But I realized only at the end of our relationship that it had only been so easy because I never really cared enough. Not like I should have cared for a romantic partner. There had never been those heart shattering feelings, nor the nausea causing butterflies or anything of the sorts. 

Not like she made me feel. She was able to make or break me with a single touch. A single word. And everything she did or said or felt, mattered so much!

Everything made sense now. She was my soulmate. Only problem was, she didn't seem to want to be my soulmate. She had found out way before she even knew she was pregnant and never told me. She didn't want it. She didn't want me and that was a pain I didn't know how to overcome. 

"Chu!" J-hope had stood up and walked over to me where I've been frozen in place. The wind was messing with my long hair. He touched my shoulder and searched for my eyes.