[71] The visions

Author: Hi guys, long time no update... I'm so sorry for making everybody wait. But I'm back and this is an extra long one!!! Stuff is definitely happening now ;) Also, I'm gonna rename a few chapters so don't be confused by updates that aren't really updates!!! I'm still not at the end here but closer than ever before. Bear with me please! Fighting!!! xo

CHAEYOUNG POV

I was five months pregnant, sitting in the sunny grass in front of my husband's grave, making a bracelet out of daisies to occupy my hands. Everytime I came here, I thought I could kind of feel his presence. In the wind that rustled the trees. In the butterflies that swarmed around the flowers. In the soft feel of the grass beneath my feet. It was a soothing thought.

Sometimes I was talking to him but sometimes I just sat here silently, letting thoughts come and go. It was therapeutic to me. It made coming to terms with his untimely death a little easier every day. I was beyond grateful to Lisa and J-hope for going out there and retrieving his body to rest here instead. Here, where all his friends were. 

Sometimes Irene joined me and we would talk about the ones we lost and drink the tea she brought with her. It tasted flowery sweet and always had a soothing effect on me and the baby. Other times she brought biscuits that she made from scratch. Irene was very prolific in occupying her time.

Sometimes Lisa came here too. Once, I caught her talking to Jackson quietly, telling him that he had been right about being married. Or bonded. In her case. And that it really was the best thing in this world. She was so happy with Jennie finally. And that was wonderful, but it also provoked an aching feeling inside of me.

Since I knew, I too, had a mate. But I had no idea where to even begin to tell her. 

"Chaengie!" I heard Lisa's voice calling me from a distance and felt her coming closer fast. I turned my head to watch her. Deja-Vu.

The magic that apparently lived inside of me was quite elusive. Neither me, nor the fairies, could quite put a finger on what exactly it was called, that I was. I could feel magic and the presence of others who held magic. I had a way of knowing how people felt but I wasn't a mind fairy either. And the newest addition to my weird powers, was that sometimes I got flashes of pictures in my head. Scenes played out behind my eyes that I couldn't place. They weren't memories, nor were they dreams.

While I had braided the flower bracelet, faint pictures of Lisa casually running along to call me to lunch with everybody, had flooded my mind's eye for a few seconds. And ten minutes later, the exact scene played out in front of my actual eyes as I was watching her now.

I hadn't told anyone about this just yet. The first time it had happened, had freaked me out just a little but then I had relaxed quite quickly. My inner senses told me that it wasn't something I needed to fear. Nothing to worry about. My feelings told me that it was something special. But I couldn't really place my finger on where it came from or what it meant.

"Changie come on, lunch is ready and I bet you're hungry." Lisa arrived by my side smiling and holding out the hand that was covered in her bonding tattoo to pull me up.

"I'm always hungry these days." I winked up at her while taking her offer. It seemed that the baby was even more hungry than I was, and that was certainly saying something. Lisa chuckled and pulled me up. 

We walked along the path back to the center of the circle. Lisa was letting me clutch her arm for support and I loved the contact with my best friend. 

"So, what's for lunch today then?" I asked her with a soft smile.

She beamed at me. "The boys and me went fishing. With our powers." She looked really proud of herself. The fact, that she mentioned their powers, told me that it wasn't our boys she had gone fishing with but the faye boys.