[50] The secret weapon

LISA POV

We immediately took on battle formation again. Standing with our backs towards each other in a protective circle. Suga, Jisoo and Chaeyoung had their weapons at the ready while Jennie and me got back into concentration.

I felt Jennie expand her mind to find out what was coming for us, but she came up short.

"I can't... sense any minds..." She whispered to me confused.

"Maybe fog creatures?" I whispered back because it was obvious that something that was only illusional couldn't have a thinking mind.

"Or worse..."

Turned out, it was worse.

There was low screeching and pained moaning coming towards us and we had no fucking clue what it was until we saw the first one.

The thing, limping towards us, was definitely dead. It was a rotting body, half flesh, half skeleton with holes for eyes. A literal corpse. Risen from the dead. Right out of my worst nightmares.

"Holy shit." Jennie breathed out next to me and I felt the fear inside of her flare up.

"What in the world is that?" Jisoo gulped audibly and we all got even closer together unconsciously.

"It's a walker." Jennie provided devastatingly neutral. She seemed ok from the outside but I felt her whole body tremble on the inside. She knew what this thing was.

It gurgled while coming closer slowly. It was alone. For now.

"Is that what I think it is?" Jackson asked worriedly.

"It's the darkest of dark magic. They're dead people, rising out of their graves to take the living down with them." Suga beat Jennie to an explanation grimly.

"Great." I growled. Nothing really shocked me anymore at this point.

Weirdly enough, the dead thing seemed to be a real slow poke and that confused me. "Can we kill it... again?" I nudged Jennie next to me.

My mate was about to answer me but the second she opened her mouth, several more dead suddenly rose from the very ground underneath us. Chaeyoung screamed as one appeared right in front of her. The horrible sounds got louder and they attacked.

Our protective circle instantly dispersed because without thinking I jumped over to my best friend to protect her. I had fully intended on kicking the thing with my leg but the pink-haired girl had gained some serious reflexes.

Either it was that or her panic but she swung her sword at the walker in front of her and sliced his head right off followed by another scream, when she realized what she had just done. The body staggered a few more feet and I pushed myself in front of Chaeyoung so the thing wouldn't land on her. I shoved it backwards and it crumbled to the ground in a pile of bones.

I felt my best friend press her face into my back and heard her sobbing while she clenched my shirt tightly. "Give me your sword and stay behind me!" I told her loudly over the noise of the outbreaking fight.

"Chop their heads off or hit them in the heart!" Jennie's voice yelled over the noise. Suga and Jisoo quickly distributed their knives amongst us. Except for me. I already had Jackson's sword.

There was another walker coming at Chaeyoung and me. I swung the sword at it hard. This one was a lot faster than the one that had come crawling at us from a distance. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jennie struggling with one but she managed to push it off her and stabbed its' heart with a fierce battle cry.

"Jackson!" she yelled for our leader. "Get over here and stay close, I'm putting a charm around you! NOW!" My witch mate let no room for discussion. "Lisa, keep Chaengie safe" She yelled at me now.