[5] The truth

JENNIE POV

Jisoo took a long calm breath while looking at me, her eyebrows were knit together closely almost as if she was studying me.

"Yes, we all know, but it's... complicated..." she trailed off and looked over at Chaeyoung as if silently asking her to take over. The other girl did, meeting Jisoo's eyes softly and then fixing them on me.

My head turned. I felt like I was about to get a headache. And my heart ached, which confused me even more because the only time my heart has ever ached before, was when my father died.

"Jen, first we need to know exactly what happened." She squeezed my hand and I squeezed back as if on autopilot. I tried to gather my thoughts.

"I told you... I'm not even sure what happened myself... it was all too fast and she jumped up like I had hurt her or something and bolted! I didn't do anything, I swear!" I shook my head and pulled my hand out of Chaeyoung's to burry my face. 

"Did Lisa use her powers?" Jisoo whispered over my head at her pink haired friend.

"I don't know... it sounds so unlike her..." Chaeyoung whispered back. 

I did not understand why both of them were so shocked that Lisa used her powers. But to be honest it didn't look like she used them out of her own free will. Otherwise she wouldn't have acted the way she did...

I took in a long breath and spoke through my hands. "I handed her the blanket, my hand touched hers accidentally and her eyes flashed." I mumbled, trying to make sense of it all. 

"She looked just as shocked as I did and then she suddenly looked terrified and ran." I uncovered my face and looked from Jisoo to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung looked at me like I was fucking ghost. "You triggered her powers. You must have..."

"Holy shit." I heard unceremoniously from Jisoo.

"What? I didn't trigger anything! What in the world!? And why did Lisa not tell me she wasn't human? She flat out outed me to all of you as a witch, yet she lied about being supernatural herself?" I started to rant out the thoughts that were running in circles in my head. I felt my confusion turning into being mad. Fucking mad at Lisa for not telling me.

"Jen, calm down." Jisoo said with an authority I hadn't heard from her before. "I told you it's complicated."

"And Lisa didn't lie."

I instantly wanted to protest again but I felt Chaeyoung suddenly freeze next to me. She felt like a statue, sitting next to me. My head snapped to her and Jisoo realized it too. Chaeyoung's eyes flew shut.

"What's happening?" My heartbeat sped up for the hundreth time this night as I looked a little panicked from Chaeyoung to Jisoo. The latter seemed relaxed though, just looking at her friend with nosey interest. 

"Lisa is talking to her." was her simple answer.

"What? How?"

"Jen, for a witch, you're being really slow at recognizing other magic." Jisoo had the audacity of teasing me but I was too spent to counter her cheeky comment right now.

Chaeyoung came back to us, opening her eyes. She looked a bit more relaxed than before. Her eyes immediately met Jisoo's. "Tell the guys to stop looking. She's fine but she doesn't want to be found, she needs some space."

I also felt myself calm down more but my insides were still on a rollercoaster ride. I did not understand what had happened here.

Jisoo nodded, let go of my shoulders and went to get Jackson and her boyfriend. We watched her leave wordlessly before Chaeyoung turned herself towards me and caught my eyes.