[27] The girltalk

JENNIE POV

"They want to get married here? Like when?" I asked back after Lisa had told me a little about her earlier conversation with Chaeyoung. She did not tell me too much about the relationship stuff they talked about but she did tell me how scared her friend was that we would actually die, trying to get out of this forest.

Lisa and me were lying in our bed. She was on her back while I laid halfway on top of her with my forehead nuzzled to her neck. The faye girl was absentmindedly stroking her long fingers through my hair. It always felt good to satisfy our inner pull towards each other. My soul longing for hers and hers longing for mine. 

I had one of my hands under her shirt by her belly button. Touching her felt familiar and calming. Neither of us would probably admit it out loud but snuggling at night like this, was pretty awesome. 

"I don't know exactly when but soon, I'm guessing..." 

"Wow... I think... I have never been to a wedding in my life." I stared at Lisa's attractive collarbone from my position on her neck, watching it move with every breath she took. 

"I've seen too many I think...! Fairies just love to get married..." She told me with dark humour in her voice.

"I don't even know what a wedding looks like... I mean what do you do and stuff..." I wrinkled my nose a little. 

"Well... it depends on who's getting married. Because obviously a faye wedding looks different than a human one." Lisa answered lazily. She was still stroking through my hair and my eyes became so heavy with sleep. I realized that I slept a lot longer when I was with her than when I was alone. I slept deeper and more undisturbed. I was never cold anymore and when I was, I just cuddled closer.

"If my parents were really soulmates... I don't get why they got married... I mean they were already one, right?" I quietly voiced out the thought that had just crossed my mind. I felt Lisa stiffen a bit underneath me but it was very brief so I ignored it.

"You don't know their reasons...."

My eyes fell closed and I let out a little sigh. Everything was warm and comfortable and the last thing I felt was Lisa kissing my forehead and telling me 'Sleep well, little witch'. Like she had done the night we met. It was the little things Lisa did, that made my chest flutter the most. And this was one of those things.

*

The next couple of days felt really weird. For once we were staying in one place for longer and I did my best not to feel anxious about it. I was so used to moving around constantly, packing up camp almost every morning. But I knew that we were the safest we could possibly be in this fairy circle. 

Also, sharing the little stone home with Lisa felt strangely domestic. We weren't quite roommates but we weren't a real couple either. 

We were all going about our days more casually. I would meet up with Jisoo and Chaeyoung to go bathing while Lisa trained fighting with the boys again. Since the ice storm, Lisa had decided that non of us should leave the circle. There was only one problem with that. And that was that the river was outside of the circle. 

Namjoon and Jackson had been very practical about it. They had taken stones from the destroyed houses and carried them into a stone heap near the fresh water well. They built us a big bathtub that we could even sit in together and wash. I sealed the stones with a charm so they'd hold water and everytime somebody wanted to have a bath, I'd fill it for them, transporting water from the well into the tub.