[26] The faye elder

LISA POV

Since Suga affirmed his help contacting the faye elder, we did not waste much time. In the late afternoon when the others enjoyed the downtime we never seemed to have had until now, Jennie, Suga and me approached the firepit. 

We stood around it in a circle and looked down at it. I squirmed a little, feeling uneasy and it surprised me that Jennie noticed immediately. She tentatively wrapped her thin fingers around my wrist, stroking them up and down my pulse. It tingled wonderfully and my chest expanded with the feelings I had for my little witch. Jennie probably wouldn't want to admit it but she had gotten a lot better in reading my body language and responding accordingly. I felt like we had managed to work through something and she did not fight it like she usually did when she felt like we got too close.

"I....I'm not sure how to do it..." I admitted to them both in a quiet voice.

"Well... you have to start! Otherwise I can't help." Suga deadpanned in a semi-annoyed voice. I glared at him. "This is not fucking helping!" I shot back a bit triggered. I was aware of how much I did not know about my powers and about my kind itself. That had never really bothered me before because I had not particularily liked what I am. But now with Jennie's support to build my powers up again, I felt kind of invalid when I couldn't even do the simplest things. 

"Lili..." Jennie's touch became more prominent. Her fingers slipped into my palm and tickled all the nerve endings. "What did you do when you tapped into the message?" I felt how calm and patient she was today. It was so rare that Jennie was patient. Patient with me of all people.

"I'm not sure... it was so intuitive..." I did not look at either of them but stared down into the pit where a couple of coals were still glowing and shimmering an aggressive red.

"Ok, well, then don't think too much..." Jennie flitted from my side to stand behind me and landed her hands on my hips warmly, her chin on my shoulder. "You felt something remember? When you found the message? Can you maybe feel it now?"

Her voice was so gentle and so close to my ear. I still couldn't believe how my insides melted everytime the little witch was being sweet. 

"Close your eyes Lili." She told me and guided my right arm to hover above the firepit. I obeyed and tried to concentrate with a deep intake of breath. Jennie's calmness and her confidence that I could do this washed over me and I took full advantage of what she was giving me. 

Something happened. I could feel my palm warming up and I opened my eyes back up to see the white light that carried the message emerge from below the coals. Jennie leaned her head against mine over my shoulder and I felt our cheeks touching. 

The message opened and the faye elder's voice echoed through the circle. But I did not need to hear the message again. I needed to contact the one who left it here. Letting my mind wander to try and find the elder's mind from afar, I concentrated really hard. 

I concentrated on the voice and on my intent but it was really tough. It felt like looking for a needle in a haystack. I felt Jennie become worried when she felt my body shaking so I reached my hand out, demanding for Suga to take it. "Man, I could really use that help now." I spoke through gritted teeth and clenched my eyes shut once more.

He took my hand without further hesitation or snappy comments and both Jennie and me instantly felt the relieve this phenomenal power brought. I completely understood why he had kept his mouth shut about what he was capable of for so long. He had only been protecting himself. Jennie had told me about the abuse he suffered while being held captive by a coven of witches.

All of a sudden, something opened. My body jerked a little and my eyes rolled back into my head. My mind was white and glowy and I seemed to be in it.