[59] The plan

CHAEYOUNG POV

I slowly stirred awake. My body was hurting and I felt my need for something to drink. My head felt a little woozy still and I wasn't too sure where I was but I felt Jisoo's calm energy near me which assured me more than anything. 

I began moving my limbs and opened one eye testingly. And there she was. Sitting right next to me on the bed with a frown on her face. 

"Hey troublemaker..." She sighed at me softly but I felt that something was off.

"troublemaker?" I asked back confused, stretching even more and opening both eyes. This bed was comfortable. And then I remembered that we were in Irene's fairy circle. And that Lisa was missing. And that my body had given out on me not too long ago. I felt the blush creep up high on my cheeks from embarrassment. 

"You gave me such a fright..." Jisoo explained and her eyes were still weirdly clouded over. 

I sighed, ducking my head slightly. "I'm sorry. I... I don't know what happened..." I shakily sat up and my hand flew to my head automatically.

"Solar said you exhausted yourself."

"Who?"

"Their resident medical fairy." My mate explained tight-lipped.

I swallowed dryly. As if she could read my mind, Jisoo reached for a glass of water on the nightstand and handed it over to me. I met her sharp eyes shyly and drank. Fuck, this felt too good. 

"You didn't take care of yourself well enough... since... apparently it's not just you anymore..." She shot a glance down at my belly and my heart froze in panic. What did she mean? "When were you going to tell me?" Jisoo's tone was still gentle but I felt a wave of accusation hit me from her. She didn't mean to do it but she couldn't help it. Also there was hurt and hopelessness. Every day that passed I was able to feel her emotions stronger.

"I... I ... Jisoo, I didn't know... for sure... " My head began spinning again and I leaned on the bed's headboard for stability. 

"Jennie knew..." More hurt swung with her words.

"Chu... I...." I trailed off, completely overwhelmed. "Wait. Is it... is it ... true though? I mean, am I really...?"

"Pregnant." Jisoo filled in silently. "Yeah."

Neither of us said anything for a minute. I felt like I was loosing her. When I didn't even have her to begin with. This was so hard! Why was this life so hard? 

Tears began spilling out of my eyes and the girl next to me noticed immediately. Her whole demeanour changed in a second and she shuffled closer to me on the bed and reached for my hand. 

Her touch was so warm and comforting and it only made me cry more.

"Chaengie it's ok. I'm sorry! We'll get through this. You know you're not alone." She cooed at me softly with a deep worry line across her forehead.

"Chu, I- I- didn't-... I wasn't sure..." I swallowed. "I only-- t-t-told Jennie ... because I had a--- suspicion..."

Jisoo now wrapped her arms around me fully and I let my head sink against her warm neck. It felt loving and reassuring. No matter if she did it on purpose or not. 

"So, you would have told me eventually?"

I nodded into her neck strongly. "Of course! Jisoo... you're my..." I didn't finish that sentence but instead said. "You're my Jisoo." It was a half whisper but she heard me and held me even tighter. Then my hand slowly travelled down over my stomach.