[53] The secret

LISA POV

We drove through the land. Seemingly aimlessly but Jennie was determined to still follow the course of the river because it was bound to end us up somewhere. Somewhere where we could possibly stay.

The hills we drove through were still grassy but at the edges of the river, we started seeing trees and bushes. Which only meant one thing. Food.

At least a little bit. Jisoo found mushrooms and berries. The next day, we saw a whole herd of rabbits racing over the plain. Suga instantly got his knives out. We were all insanely hungry so there was no mercy. Even Jisoo joined the rabbit hunt and that night, we finally felt like there was some strength within all of us again. Some life.

After our feast, Jennie and I stumbled down to the river's edge to fool around. Jennie already tore at my clothes while she crashed into me, kissing me wildly.

"Baby, let us at least get into the water before you strip me." I growled against her lips but smiled because this just felt so right.

"It's dark, no one's gonna see Lili!" The devious witch snickered back, pulling on my lower lip with her teeth. She promised to do the thing tonight if I went swimming with her first. Which basically meant sex in the river before we went back to our tent for my reward. More sex. Including the thing that Jennie did and I really liked.

When we arrived at the river, we noticed that somebody had beat us to it. Chaeyoung sat on a rock and stared into the flowing water that was hit by soft moonlight.

Jennie froze at the sight. I felt all of her excitement leave her. She let go of me and I sighed too because no river-sex probably also meant Jennie not doing the thing later.

My best friend turned around at our arrival. Her eyes went wide when she seemingly saw right through us and our intention. We weren't subtle. She wordlessly got up to leave when Jennie stopped her.

"No. Chaengie don't go. We're sorry. We'll leave you." My mate spoke up, then with a look at me and a look back at Chaeyoung, she suddenly changed her mind. "You know what? I'm gonna leave. And I'm gonna give you Lisa for company. How does that sound?"

I looked at Jennie like she was crazy. 'She talks to no one Nini, don't push her'

'I can sense that she needs to talk though and it's not me she needs, so...'

Jennie pushed me towards my friend. And when I looked back at Chaeyoung, I was surprised that she was still there. She had sat back down on her rock, looking out over the water with her back towards Jennie and me.

She hadn't fled. And she didn't seem totally opposed to the idea of me keeping her company for a while.

'Take your time. But not too long though... we are not done' Jennie rasped within my mind and went on her tiptoes to press a promising kiss to my swollen lips. All my nerveendings tingled happily. Maybe I would get to experience the thing after all tonight.

'I love you' I told her while she still kissed me.

'Love you too' And with that she disappeared in a rain of sparkles.

I sighed a little internally because suddenly I felt very nervous talking to my best friend. She seemed so far removed from everybody since she literally removed herself from our group's social life. Nobody really blamed her though. She had gone through enough.

"Chaengie I can go if you want to be alone...." I told her but stepped closer nevertheless. I saw her take a deep breath. Her back and shoulders stretched.

Then... just like the day we had burried Jackson, I heard her in my mind.

'I feel so guilty Lisa...'