[23] The first night

LISA POV

By the time Jennie and Chaeyoung got back, the guys had persuaded me to practice my mind magic on them. They wanted to see who was the strongest amongst them. Who could fight me the longest. Suga was the only one who declined instantly from joining the game. He stayed to watch though and cheered on his friends.

It was funny because weirdly enough it was Namjoon who had the strongest mind out of all of them. My money had been on Jackson to be honest but Namjoon surprised me. It took me a full minute to pry open his hand and make the stone drop that he was holding. 

"Woooow...." He huffed out, looking at his still trembling hand. "That feels.... super weird..." he told me with wide eyes. "I know... sorry about that." I just said but he seemed ok. The other's were patting his back and shoulder for his 'win'.

"How long does it take you against Jennie?" J-hope asked slyly and my eyes flashed over to him. I did not answer because my little witch was now close enough to join the conversation. Her eyes were going from me to Namjoon who held his shaking hand.

"Did you just let Lisa train her magic on you?" She asked the burly guy. 

"We all did. Except Suga." J-hope told her instantly, grinning up at her standing figure. "It's kinda fun." 

I saw Jennie's cat eyes fly over to where Suga was sitting. They exchanged a look that I couldn't read before Jennie adressed me. "You wanna go against me?"

I reached up for one of her hands and intertwined our fingers, looking straight into her eyes. "I don't know if I have the strength... after today..."

The feelings Jennie was emitting to me from our skin contact were empathic and also a little nervous. The gates that she had locked her more affectionate feelings for me behind, were slightly open again. I could feel them coming at me in small warm waves as she held my eye contact. 

"Ok..." She ducked her head a little nervously, respecting my boundaries. Meanwhile Chaeyoung had sat down on Jackson's lap and kissed his cheek lightly. 

"You ok sweetheart?" I heard our leader whisper to his fiancee. She nodded her head softly. 

Jennie stood before me with one of our hands intertwined but she didn't know what to do now. "Come here Nini..." I told her quietly and pulled on her hand. I guided her to sit in my lap as well. I wanted her close. My little witch wrapped her arms around my neck for support and I got a whiff of her silky hair. It always smelled so good. Like waterlillies.

"Have you checked the location of the wolves Lili?" Jennie whispered into my ear while the group conversation around the fire picked up again. 

"They're nowhere near us for days. We're safe here for a little while."

"It'll be nice to stay somewhere for longer..." Jennie sighed. I absolutely agreed. Even though we were a nomadic group, travelling each and every day was quite straining after a while. Normally we would stay places like up to two weeks. Even longer if we liked it. But here in this forest, we couldn't risk getting too comfortable.

"Yeah... we all need to relax and recharge a bit I think..." I told her and she nodded. Then she had a thought. "Lili, the river is outside of the circle..."

Understanding her indirect question, I turned to look directly at her. Our faces were very close. "Just tell me when you need to go and I'll take you... if that's ok..." I knew she needed more or less frequent access to water to keep her powers fueled and her body healthy. And she wouldn't be able to go back inside the fairy circle without me.

"Maybe tomorrow evening?" she asked timidly. 

"Sure." I told her and leaned in to press a chaste kiss to her cheek. I felt her take in a shaky breath. She felt nervous about being this close to me, in front of our friends nontheless. My powers clearly picked up on that.