[35] The wolves are back

LISA POV

The second that Jennie and Suga left us, I had a dark feeling in the pit of my stomach. I watched after them for as long as I could. Next to me, Jackson sweeped the perimeter with his eyes. He felt nervous too, I could tell but he tried to mask it. For my sake probably. I had behaved rather stubborn and protective with Jennie and I knew he understood the position I was in. He was the same with Chaeyoung.

Seven minutes... it was just seven fucking minutes. It would be ok. I told myself. 

"The soulmate thing must feel intense... doesn't it?" Jackson spoke up quietly, eyeing me from the side.

"Why do you ask that?" I shot him a look. I was beyond grateful that he was out here with me but he couldn't soothe the feeling of being incomplete and anxious about every second that Jennie wasn't with me. It had my whole body on alert.

"Well..." He raised his brows and gestured to my ridgid posture with a timid grin. "I've never seen you like this. This feels worse than when she was unconscious...."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and breathed out long, trying to calm my body and my heart. "Yes, it's..." I searched for a word that described Jennie and my relationship best but he had already nailed it. "Intense."

Jackson just nodded with a glint. "Did I tell you that I'm happy for you?"

Those words actually did the trick of calming me a little more. "Thanks man."

"I know that your connection is already for life... Chaengie explained it to me..." He looked sheepish admitting that. "but... I think you should propose to her."

My eyes became wide and my chest constricted at his bluntness. "Fuck, Jackson..." I huffed out disbelievingly. I looked away from him into the trees because I felt my whole body heat up suddenly. Propose to Jennie? Was he crazy? My little witch already had hardcore commitment issues. She'd never say yes to a proposal. Despite... we were magical soulmates. There was no deeper connection on this earth. 

"What?" He bluffed right back at me. "The thought is not so far off!"

I just shook my head, now more amused than shocked. "We... are not exactly... the marrying types. But it really seems to suit you and Chaengie. You're a lucky son of a bitch!"

He laughed at that and nodded. "That I am. And I hope that once we get away from here, there are people out there for Suga and Namjoon too."

I snorted. "When have you become such a romantic sap?" My elbow hit his ribs teasingly. "Suga is a loner by nature and Joonie has never made any advances to anyone either as far as I recall..."

"I am not a sap! And you were a loner too before a certain witch showed up!"

"I had my... things..." I evaded his prodding eyes but he wouldn't let me.

"Chaeyoung was really worried about you after the last... girl's heart you broke..."

Now I couldn't help but glare at him. "I never broke any hearts! They knew it was fun and nothing more from the start."

"Apparently the last one didn't." My best friend almost whispered. This conversation had taken a sharp turn into sensitive territory. I felt the heat of embarrassment creep back into me and there was also anger and the complete misunderstanding of why the hell he brought this up now! Now!?

"Chaeyoung said she felt it." He deadpanned and I gaped at him. "You are supposed to be the mind fairy, yet she felt everything that you were repressing."

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at him in absolute disbelief and crossed my arms over my chest passively defensive.

"She was so worried about you."