[40] The dreadful secret

LISA POV

After the worst night of my life, going through fever and almost being killed by a slimy curse inside my body, my healing finally kicked in the way I was used to. My stitches hurt less and less. If anything they were now constantly itching like crazy but I knew that it meant that they were healing. Faster than humanly possible. I felt better too. 

However, Jennie and Chaeyoung kept me on strict bedrest for the next two days and it got fucking boring. Jennie was out a lot of the time and I got a creeping feeling that she wasn't telling me something. She was being evasive when I started asking questions about what she did, sending Jisoo into our room to keep me company or take me out on little walks around the circle so I didn't completely loose my mind. 

Jennie was so focused on me healing that we hadn't really had a moment to talk about things. Not even about the three words that she had confessed to me after the attack. Those three words had kept me alive. They had kept me fighting. But Jennie had yet to say them to my face. 

On the third day I felt well enough to venture out of bed on my own. I dressed myself carefully, not to disturb the few stitches that were still healing. Most of them didn't even hurt much anymore when I moved. Or I may have gotten used to the constant dull pain of it. I wasn't quite sure. But I didn't really care. 

I was just about to step out of Jennie and my stone home when non other than my beautiful witch mate bumped right into me energetically. She appeared to have been rushing. 

"Wooow!"

"Oh shit, Lisa!"

Instinctively I grabbed Jennie's upper arms to keep her from falling backwards because she bumped into me so hard. 

"Sorry honey, did I hurt you?" she asked, looking up at me with wide and suprised eyes. Then I saw her brows furrowing and in the very same breath she asked "Why are you out of bed?"

I set my eyes sternly on hers. "Because I'm going insane Jen. I have to get out."

"But-"

"Baby I'm fine. Let me out. I'm not gonna run for miles or try to fight with the guys, I just want to get out of this room and live again."

My mate's eyes softened as she looked up into my face. All the shades of blue in her irises were swirling peacefully like waves in the ocean but there was still a slight frown on her face.

"I'm just worried..." she admitted quietly and her hands crept upwards to hold onto my arms gently. 

"I'm fine. Really. Thanks to you." I bent down to kiss her lips. The tingling sensation inside of me increased tenfold as my mouth met hers. Jennie hummed a sigh of pure contentment and she melted into my body, kissing back softly. I claimed her mouth with soft but demanding kisses and she reciprocated as if kissing me was a nice break from something that was troubling her mind. 

Having activated our mind connection so very often ever since we found out about it, I could really tell when there was something that Jennie was keeping from me. And right now, triggering my powers with the touch of her hands and lips, I felt what she was feeling.

She found relief in our intimate contact. 

She liked that it made her mind stop running. 

She felt safe in my arms.

But deep in her mind she was worried... even scared... about something gravely serious. 

But what?

My hands snaked to her waist and I pulled her even closer. Her arms responded by going around my neck and holding on tight while she let me meet the softness of her tongue. The tingles were insane and it almost distracted me from what Jennie was hiding. I felt myself throbbing with need and I knew that my mate wasn't doing any better. It had been three days since we had sex after all.