Four Eyed Freak

It's difficult to have your life uprooted due to an accident. It's been two years since my parents died and I have been living with my aunt in Okinawa. She has recently accepted a job offer in London and will be moving there in a week. I, Fujioka Mio, is forced to move in with my grandmother in Nagoya, near Okazaki.

The new school year starts tomorrow and I just finished unpacking all my belongings after arriving at my grandmother's house 2 days ago. My mom barely talked about her, I have only seen pictures of her carrying me when I was a baby. From what my aunt said, there's been bad blood between my mom and my grandmother a few months after I was born, thus the move to Okinawa to get away from her.

I sat on my bed, checking my room... or my mom's old room. It's bigger than my room in Okinawa and it has a balcony which gives me a lot of natural light. The closet is pretty spacious as well, I was able to fit all my clothes in it and there's still plenty of space left. I would have to decorate the room when I have time... the wall is bare and will need new paint, but I don't want to change anything unless I get my grandmother's approval. I sighed and laid down on my bed.. I closed my eyes for a minute before I heard my grandmother calling me. I got up and went down to see what she wants.

"Ahh, Mio-chan, come here" she said, waving for me to come to where she was, near the door. I walked to her and found a boy, probably my age, just outside.

"Yuki-kun, this is my granddaughter, Mio. She will be going to your school starting tomorrow" obaasan introduced.

I looked at the boy infront of me, he was scrawny and he looks timid, pretty cute though. "Hi, I'm Fujioka Mio, nice to meet you," I said, bowing.

"Ishikawa Yuki, nice to meet you" he replied.

"I used to watch after him and his sisters when they were little, they live about two blocks down the road" obaasan explained.

I just nodded, "Ano.. I still have to unpack" I lied.. I'm done unpacking.. this just feels awkward and all that.

"Oh yes, I forgot, go ahead, I just wanted to introduce you so you'll at least know someone when you start school"

"Yeah, thanks" I quickly left and went back to my room. I don't think introducing me to him will help me make friends. My only friend is in Okinawa, Emi... besides her, I don't really have anybody else.

It's the first day of school, I looked at myself in the mirror after getting dressed... if only I could get contacts then maybe I wouldn't look bad... I wasn't sure whether to tie my hair up or leave it down... I decided to leave it down. As I exited the house, I saw him walking to school. I'm not familiar with the streets yet so I had no choice but to follow him. I saw him look behind a couple of times, I'm not sure if he's making sure that I'm still following him or if he's annoyed that I'm following him.

We got to a stop light and I stood a couple of feet away from, "I'm sorry for following you, Ishikawa-san, I just don't know my way around the area yet" I told him. He just nodded in reply. He's tall... I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a club or something.

When we arrived at the school gate, I heard people calling for him and waving for to come over to where they were. He quickly headed to them and greeted them. I'm now left to my own devices.. I looked for the faculty room to get the information I need for the school year. People bumping and pushing me aside as I walked down the hallway.

"Watch it"

"Get out of the way"

Seems like it's going to be the same like in my old high school. I wonder how Emi is doing... I finally reached the faculty room and they gave me all the information I need. Haruka-sensei, my homeroom teacher, decided that we'll walk to class together. She looks pretty young to be a teacher.