Covid

The world slowed down when Covid-19 hit. A lot of events cancelled including the Tokyo Olympics. Masa went back home after their season was cut short. I tried to be the best girlfriend for him, going as far as keeping what happened between Yuki and I a secret. It was thanks to Yuji that I got myself level-headed after weeks of being a mess when Yuki left. He really knocked some sense into me, he didn't sugarcoat anything even if it was going to hurt my feelings.

So, here I am, baking some cupcakes for Masa because apparently my cupcakes are good. Even with the restrictions, he always manage to find a way to visit and spend a weekend here. We usually just watch movies, play video games, bake and cook, and be intimate.

"Cupcakes are almost done" I told him.

Last time I saw him was in the bedroom, he was folding his newly dried clothes after washing them earlier. I came into the bedroom and found him reading Yuki's note that I hid in a box in my closet, his other hand holding the necklace. How did he... I looked at my closet and found the box on the floor, it must have fallen when he was putting his things away.

"Masa.." I started.

"Y as in Yuki?" he asked, still looking at the paper.

"I can explain"

"So, it's Yuki huh. The ex boyfriend who treated you like shit"

"It's in the past now, Masa"

"Did you meet with him while I was in Germany? He was wearing this necklace during AVC, up until the last time I saw him"

"He asked me to spend a day with him before he left for Italy"

He crumpled up the paper and threw it somewhere along with the necklace. He  got up headed out of the room to the front door.

"Masa, Yuki and I... we've been over for more than a year now. Please don't leave... Just let me explain, please..." I told him as I grabbed his arm, begging him not to leave.

"Did something happen between you and Yuki while I was away?"

"I..." I didn't know what to say.

"I thought so" he just left. I stood there for who knows how long... the only reason I moved was when I smelled the burnt cupcakes.

I called him multiple times, he didn't answer. I fucked up, I know it, but I can't lose Masa too... I left him messages and voicemails, all were left unanswered. I got ready, I'm heading over to his place even with the restrictions... I don't care if I get fined or get Covid, I have to see him and explain to him.

Not even two blocks of walking from my apartment, I was stopped and asked to return home because curfew was about to start in a few minutes. I tried to explain to the officer that I have to see someone, but they wouldn't budge. I called Masa again, still no answer. Fuck.

I went back to my apartment building... I took off my mask when I got in elevator, but someone joined me without a mask, coughing and not even covering his mouth. I quickly put my mask on, hopefully this guy doesn't have it.

Masa's POV...

Furious. That's how I felt when I learned that Mio slept with Yuki while I was away. How did I not see it? How did I not see that Yuki was the ex? Well, I guess I didn't expect Yuki to treat someone the way he treated her when they were together. It's not him, but what do I know? Apparently, I know nothing.

I didn't talk to her for a few days. She called me constantly, sent me messages to check up on me. That went on for almost two weeks, then it just stopped. Out of nowhere, she just stopped calling and texting. Did she give up already? I didn't end things with her, not yet at least, so is this a sign that she's ending things with me? No, she's not that kind of person. So, I gave her call, she didn't answer. Weird, she would usually answer any call after the second or third ring. I called again, still no answer. I called Nishida to see if she'll answer his calls.