Karma is a B*tch

It's only been a week since Masa and I started going out. He's very attentive, caring, sweet. I feel loved. He would make sure that I eat my meals, pick me up after work whenever he's free. Drop of lunch when I tell him that I'm busy at work. For a whole week... I felt like I matter.

The week before they leave for Tehran, he asked if I could stay in Tokyo with him for a couple of days. See him off when they leave. He also wanted to introduce me to the team.

I arrived in Tokyo 3 days before they leave for Tehran. I managed to get some vacation days, but I will probably still end up working remotely if I get some free time. He was bummed out that he can't pick me up at the station, but I assured him that I'll manage. And manage I did. I found my way to Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, luggage in tow. I was just outside the main entrance when I messaged him.

"I'm outside, main entrance"

"I'll be right out"

It took him a couple of minutes before he arrived. I can't help but smile everytime I see him. He gave me a quick kiss before taking the luggage from me with his one hand while the other hand took mines and intertwined our fingers. We walked inside hand in hand. I like how this feels.

"How was the ride here?" he asked.

"It was alright, I worked most of the time"

He looked at me, disappointed that I'm still working even if I'm on vacation.

"You're on vacation, you're not supposed to be working" he scolded.

"But I-"

"No buts, just enjoy your time here"

I looked at him and pouted. He just grinned and gave me a peck on the lips. As we were entering the court, he apologized in advance if the team becomes a little too much to handle.

"So, the team can get a little rowdy... so I'm sorry in advance, but they're great people"

"I'll be fine, you worry too much"

The moment I saw the whole team my heart stopped. No way. It can't be... what is he doing here? I wanted to runaway, hide, but I can't do that to Masa. He's been looking forward to this. So, I gathered all my strength and smiled, ignoring the fact that Yuki was there.

He left my luggage near the door and walked me to his team, who were whispering amongst themselves. I stayed behind Masa a bit, not sure on how they'll recieve me.

"She's like a whole foot shorter than him" I heard someone say. It came from this guy who's a bit shorter than the rest, but also more built than them.

"What's your position?" I asked him.

He looked at me and said, "Opposite spiker, why?" he answered, crossing his arms across his buffed up chest, trying to intimidate me.

"Well, aren't you a tad bit short for a spiker?"

His jaw dropped. The other members snickering behind him. Even Masa tried to suppress his laugh.

"You know what... I like you already" he said, "Nishida Yuji," he introduced himself.

The rest of the team introduced themselves, Yuki being the last. He acted like we didn't know each other, which is good. I'd like to keep it that way.

"Ishikawa Yuki" he said.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Fujioka Mio" I smiled at them.

Nishida-san came up to me and put a hand around my shoulders and walked me to the team. I looked back at Masa and he just smiled. He looked at Yuki and asked him to help clean up.