I Messed Up

Yuki's POV...

I messed up. The moment she saw us at the field, I knew I messed up really bad. It was her safe space, where she would come to relax and think. The moment she pulled her hand from mines, I knew I was going to lose her if I didn't do anything. It was hard to reach out to her when Kasumi-chan is around. So, I decided to wait until I see her in person.

Sato Kasumi, she was someone I met in Hokkaido back in junior high. She was a good friend of my cousin and we became close throughout the years. She would visit us every Winter break for a week and we'll just spend time together. There was a point where I had a crush on her, but time passed and it just disappeared. I only see her as a friend now, well.. more like a sister. We're comfortable around each other, so it wasn't weird for us to be close when we're sitting down etc. It's just the way we are, but I guess some would think we're in a relationship...

She confessed to me back in Hokkaido at the beginning of Summer break. I politely rejected her, but she insisted to give her a chance.. to go out with her for the Summer and then decide after. I think this is where I truly messed up, when I said yes and brought her home for a week and a half.

The second time we went to the shop, that was when I told Mio to meet me at our usual spot... Her answer was not what I was expecting..

"Our spot? I don't think it's OUR spot anymore and I'm busy" she said.

I still asked her to meet me there at 10pm. I already promised myself that I'll make it there. That I'll explain everything to her tonight.

That did not happen...

Kasumi-chan decided to have a movie night with everyone in the house before she heads back to Hokkaido tomorrow. She picked some rom-com and had everyone watch it. We started at around 9pm... I had to leave before 10, but she complained on how we barely spend time together etc. I was about to message Mio, but she said that no phones while watching the movie, so she took it and turned it off, putting it away.

I looked at the clock, time passing by... When it hit 10pm, I knew in my heart that she was there already, waiting for me.

10:15... the movie is still not over. I wondered if she was still there waiting for me. My luck is not so good right now..

10:45... it started raining about 10 minutes ago. I hope she went home already. I hope she did not wait for me under the rain... she might get sick if she did.

11:00... the movie just finished, I was about to head out, but mama said it was getting late and that we all should head to bed. I guess I'll just have to sneak out when everyone is asleep.

Everyone went to their bedrooms, Kasumi followed Mayu since they were sharing a room. I laid down on my bed and waited... my eyes closed for a second... When I opened them back up, I checked the time... Crap. It's 2am...

I quietly went downstairs, looking for my phone. I found it on the tv stand, still turned off. I turned it on and there were missed calls and messages from Mio. I quickly went outside, it was still raining... I grabbed an umbrella and headed to Mio's place. I sent her a message.. hoping she's still awake..

'I'm sorry I couldn't make it at 10, I'm outside your house right now.. can we talk?'

She did not reply.

I called her phone a few times...

She did not answer.

I looked at the house, curtains were closed and lights were off... I guess they're sleeping.. I called her one more time and still nothing... I left, but I sent her another message, telling her to call me once she sees the message.