Thinking Out Loud

Yuki's POV...

I arrived in Heathrow airport the Wednesday before her aunt's wedding on Saturday. The stewardess handed me my hanging bag that stored my suit during my 14hrs+ flight to London. I got my luggage and headed out to the gate where she'll be waiting.

She has been a bit quiet these past couple of days. I'm not sure why, but I think something must have happened during her aunt's party. I am tempted to ask but I want her to come to me on her own and tell me about it.

As I exited the gate, I found her jumping and waving at me. We met halfway as she jumped in for a hug, wrapping her legs around my waist as I wrapped my arms around her, completely dropping my hanging bag.

"I missed you" she whispered.

"I missed you more"

I'm not one for public display of affection since we are trying to keep this relationship as private as possible. Even my team doesn't know much about her. All they know is that I'm seeing someone for the past couple of years, but they think it's just an excuse to get out of a mixer. I had to show them a few messages from Mio in order to prove that I do have a girlfriend.

"So, we're staying at my aunt's apartment and heading to the venue on Friday. It's a couple of hours drive outside the city, but it's beautiful!" she told me as she hailed a taxi.

"She's currently at work right now so, you'll meet her later... more like in an hour or so" she added.

We got inside the taxi and she immediately scooted next to me. She leaned her head on my shoulder and relaxed. "Tired?" I asked.

"Yeah and I just miss you... I always miss you"

"I know" I kissed the top of her head.

"I thought about moving back to Japan once I graduate"

"You don't want to stay in Italy anymore?"

"It's... not home. I feel more comfortable in Japan than in Italy"

"I see"

I spend more time in Italy though, actually, I spend more time travelling. I looked down at her and that's when I noticed fatigue setting on her. She's skinnier than before, eyebags forming under her eyes, and she seems to have less energy.

We arrived at our destination, high rise apartment building. We walked inside and she used a key card to get passed the gate. We took the elevator to the 15th floor and when we got there the door to the apartment was at the end of the hall. She opened the door there's a small hallway decorated with paintings of Japan from Japan. Mio handed me a pair of indoor slippers as she took her shoes off.

"She misses Japan a lot and she basically had all of her things shipped here when she moved. The paintings in the hallway are from my parents and some of the vase as well" she told me as I followed her in.

It was an big open space surrounded by full length windows the shows the skyline and the Big Ben. On the left was the kitchen and dining and on the right was the living room with a hallway which I assume goes to the bedrooms.

"She lives her by herself?" I asked.

"For now, after their honeymoon her fiance is moving in"

She took my luggage from me and guided me to the bedrooms which was through the hallway in the living room.

"So, bathroom is second door on the right and our room is through here" she said opening the first door on the left.

She put the luggage on the side and took my hanging bag and put it in the closet to my right. The bed was on our left with 2 side tables on each end. There's a tv mounted across the bed and a dresser underneath. It was a decent size room. Full length windows as well with the same view, curtains on the side. I walked to the window to watch the fading hue of the Spring sky.