Truth or Dare

We made our way to Nagoya early in the morning. We were both tired and our body ached due to the uncomfortable position from when we slept last night. We walked the streets of our old neighborhood, passing by my grandma's house. It was well taken care of by the current family that lives there and it seems, just looking from the outside, that it's a happy and lively place.

"I visited the area a few times, the family that lives there have twins, a girl and boy" Yuki told me as we walked past the house.

"It's the same person that's renting as far as I know since I left..."

"They like the area, I guess"

We arrived at his childhood home. It looks like there's been some remodeling done outside. He opened the door and I followed behind. "Tadaima!" he said as he took his shoes off. I took my shoes off and left my luggage by the door and followed him. Yuki's mom came out of the kitchen in a rush, excited to see him.

"Yuki!"

"Hi, mama"

He was engulfed in a hug if that was even possible due to his height and build. She then took a step back and checked her son out, to see if he was healthy and all.

"My little boy all grown up" she squealed, pinching his cheek a little.

"Ma"

"Hmm?"

He motioned towards me, I was a few steps right behind him, watching them, watching Yuki get embarrassed.

"Oh my, Mio?"

I smiled and walked up to where Yuki was. She gave me a tight hug and took a step back.

"Look at you. You look so beautiful, just like your mom. Yuki did tell me that he'll bring you home and you're here"

"He did?"

"Yeah, but that was a few years ago. Has he been good to you?"

I looked at Yuki, not sure how if she knows that we're not together.

"Ma, we're not together, remember?" he  cut in.

"Silly me, it's just that finally seeing you two together here made me think that. Are you two staying for the night?"

"Mio and I are heading back to Tokyo later today. Just wanted to see how you were doing" he explained and I nodded in agreement.

"I see, well, go ahead and explore. I'll go make snacks for you two for your trip back to Tokyo"

We both nodded and headed out. It was a nice day today. The sky's clear, not a cloud in sight, cool breeze, birds singing... just like a scene from a Disney movie. We went to the ramen shop and it was busy due to lunch rush.

"Is it always this busy here?" I asked as we waited for an empty table.

"Yeah"

"Ah, it's Ishikawa-san" I heard someone say. I looked around to see who it was... A grandpa walked up to Yuki, smiling.

"Ahh, ojiisan, it's been a while" Yuki greeted.

"Dining today?" the grandpa asked.

"Yes, for two"

"Two?!"

"Yes, I'm here with Fujioka-san"

I haven't heard him say my last name in so long.

The grandpa turned to me and I smiled, bowing a little.

"Ahh, Fujioka-san. I hope you dont mind that we made some changes in the shop"