One Day

Yuji's POV...

There's something amiss Yuki the moment captain introduced Mio-san. There was some tension there. I'm not entirely sure if the others felt it too, but I definitely did. I could be wrong though.

When we got back from Tehran, Yuki stayed behind to keep her company while the rest of us put the equipments away. I didn't fully go inside the arena, I could still see them and it looked like they were talking about something serious. Then, to my surprise, Yuki pulled her between two cars. I saw what he did, barely... but I know for a fact that he kissed her and she kissed him back. I remembered hearing from someone how he was seeing or dating someone in Italy back then, but nobody's met her in person. So, could it be?

My suspicion was confirmed when I invited him and the rest of the team for a night out while we're all still in Tokyo that very same night when we arrived. Masa didn't answer his phone nor reply to any of our messages. I guess he's busy since she's here. We all went out to get some dinner and then went to a karaoke bar and ordered some drinks.

Many drinks later...

"I love her you know... like a lot" Yukk told us.

This was all new to us. He was spilling everything. EVERYTHING. He then pulled his phone out and went to his pictures and scrolled before showing us something.

"Tell me she's not... she's... she's not the most fucking beautiful woman in the world" he said, showing us the picture.

It was the two of them under some sort of wedding arch? Mio-san was skinnier though, like she was skin and bone. We were all looking at each other when we saw the picture.

"Masaaa can't have her, 'cause she's mine.. I want her back... I love herr"

He passed out a few minutes after telling us more about what happened. He was an idiot for treating her like that. He ended up crashing in my apartment and we had a talk the morning after.

"I told everyone?" he asked as I handed him a cup of coffee.

"Pretty much" I replied. He looked down on his cup of coffee, thinking.

"It's not my business, but you'll have to let her go, man. If you really love her, then let her go. Let her be happy" I told him.

"It's not that easy..."

"I figured, but do think about it. Your relationship with Masa will be ruined and as of right now, the way I see, at least.. is that if you do go ahead with whatever you're planning.. don't you think she'll hate you even more if you destroy her seemingly good relationship with Masa?"

"So, you're telling me to just let her go and suck it up?" he asked.

I nodded, "It's not like you'll see them everyday. Besides, you're going back to Italy anyway and he's going to Germany. That gives me a chance to make a move on her" I joked, but I ended up getting hit by pillow.

"She really does look happy with him. He's treating her better than I did..."

He sulked the entire day and didn't go home until late at night. I'm hoping he'd make the right decision, not just for the sake of the team, but for him as well.

Yuki left for Italy that Sunday morning. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but he seemed to be at peace now or pretends to be. I just know that he went to Osaka to talk to her... I wonder...

I got call that same morning, I looked at my phone and found Mio calling. Weird... why would she call me?

"Hey, shorty" I answered.