Tutor

I studied for a year in Oxford, but it did not feel right. The university was beautiful, the professors were helpful, and everyone was friendly. My aunt helped me moved to Oxford and even paid for my apartment while I studied. I was grateful, I truly am... but it didn't feel right. So, I decided to go to Italy, where my parents spent their honeymoon. I also changed my major... I find programming easy, it's basically learning a language and it involves a lot of math, which I'm very good at, so I switched to computer science with a minor in foreign languages.

I ended up going to a university in Modena, Italy. The fancy car city as I call it. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati etc have or had headquarters in the city or nearby... So, fancy car city. I know, it sounds dumb coming from me.

Anyway, I needed to find a part time job as a source of income or at least to help pay with my groceries. Obaasan's shop that I rented out in Japan is paying for my rent and the so is the house, which I also put up for rent... I haven't touched the savings that I got from her. I did take out some money from my parents' savings though, I mean, it was meant for my studies anyway... So, I took some money out to pay for tuition, which was not a lot since I did get some scholarship.

Anyway, I found an ad online. Someone needs a tutor on learning Italian, preferably someone who knows English or Japanese. The pay rate per hour was good. I immediately contacted the person who posted the ad, Yoshida Kentaro. He replied immediately and asked if I could go to the address he sent today. I looked up the address and it's a gymnasium... I debated whether on going or not... If he asked me to meet in a more public space, like a coffee shop, I wouldn't hesitate. It took me a few minutes before I agreed. He asked if I'm available to meet up later today... Uhmmm... I agreed.

I sent my aunt a message on where I was going, the number of the person I'm meeting with. I told her that if I don't contact her at a certain time.. she should call the police.

I got ready, I wasn't sure on what to wear... go casual? business casual? business? Hmmm... I decided to wear a simple pink sleeveless dress with a white cardigan and wedges. I then printed out my resume, got my CELI, CILS, CIC, PLIDA, and AIL certificates... damn... I didn't know I took all their language tests. Nerd much, Mio? I put them all inside a folder, took my shoulder bag and left for the gymnasium.

I took a bus and walked a couple of blocks before getting to the stadium, about 30 mins ride from my apartment. I went to the main door and the security asked what my business was for being there. I told him I'm there to meet Kentaro Yoshida. He told me that he would be in the main hall and pointed which way.

As I near the hall, I heard sneakers squeaking, men talking... I slowly walked in and found myself on the sideline of a volleyball practice. I stood there looking lost and confused. I guess this is Parmareggio Modena... the local volleyball team I keep hearing about in uni. I took my phone out to message Yoshida-san, but before I could send it someone came up to me.

"Fujioka Mio?"

I looked up and there was a middle aged Japanese man in front of me.

"Hai, you must be Yoshida Kentaro"

"Yes, yes, I hope your got here without any issue?" he asked.

"Yes, oh, here's my resume and certificates" I answered, giving him my folder.

He started walking around the hall while looking through the folder, I followed him closely behind.

"You took all the language tests?" he asked.

"Yes, a few years ago"

"Impressive, anyway, I'm not the one who you will be teaching. He's currently one of the top players from Japan, still in university, but he's here as an exchange student"