Sleep With Me

I was able to get a ticket for their match, good thing it's a home game. I dressed casual, a pair of jeans, a tank top and a cardigan. I had time before the match so, I went to a local cafe and got myself a pastry and coffee. I see fans already heading to the arena, chitchatting, laughing, having fun. I decided to head to the arena after finishing my snacks, I was about 30 minutes early when I got there.

I got to my seat, which was right behind the sidelines, behind where the referee will be standing, I think, but more to his left. I sent him a message, telling him I was already there... he didn't reply though. I guess he doesn't have his phone at the moment. The players started entering the court to do their stretches and warm up. He came out last, he was wearing a yellow shirt and black shorts. He still looks a little scrawny compared to his teammates, but I guess it's because he's still young and he's just starting out. He looked at the crowd, I guess looking for someone... when we made eye contact, he waved at me like a little kid. Silly. I smiled and waved back.

I have no idea what was going on when the match started, partly because I was too focused on Yuki and did not pay attention to the rest. I know he plays well, but I didn't know he was good, like really good. He's a different person when he's playing. He's so... serious. Anyway, the match finished... I think it was too fast for my liking. I wanted to see more of him playing... I waited for a bit just so I could say bye to him. I didn't expect him to go over the barriers though just to say bye.

"Hey, did you have fun?" he asked.

I was about to answer but a few fans asked for his autographs and pictures. I waited for a bit, but more and more people showed up. He looked at me and I basically gestured that I'm going. He wasn't able to say or do anything back since another fan caught his attention. I made my way out of the arena and into the streets where people are celebrating. I quickly sent him a message, congratulating him for the win, telling him that he played really well. I also apologized for leaving. He probably won't see it until later.

I was halfway on my way home when he called.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Yuki"

"Hey"

"Sorry about earlier, I didn't know that they'll swarm in like that"

"Don't worry about that, sorry for leaving though... I usually don't stay out late"

"It's okay, I hope you had fun today"

I smiled, yeah, I had fun watching him, "Of course, I didn't know volleyball was that fun"

"It is, anyway, I have to go, we're celebrating and all that. Let me know when you get home?"

"Yeah, have fun"

"Take care, Mio"

There was something different when he said my name... the tone of it... it's so... so... gentle? soft? I don't know how to explain it, but I've never heard him say my name like that. I felt butterflies in my tummy.. ahh! Let's not overthink it.

I got home later than usual, I quickly took a shower before making myself dinner. I messaged him, letting him know that I'm home. No reply. Oh well. I settled on my bed, my bowl of pasta with shrimp on hand, turning on my laptop to watch something. I ended up watching a scary movie...

It was in the middle of the movie when my phone suddenly vibrated, scaring the shit out of me. I looked at it and it was Yuki, I checked at the time it was 11:30pm.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Where do you live? he asked.

"I don't think you live near me" I told him.