Bonding with the Ishikawa Twins

Yuki's POV...

It's been a few months since Paris. SuperLega is about to start soon and I've been spending most of the time with my growing family. Mio has been nothing but wonderful. She's about 4 months pregnant and showing a little. We haven't really told the twins yet, they haven't really noticed the bump.

Mio had a rough week at work due to multiple projects and I decided to have her relax at home or at a spa, wherever she feels comfortable, while I take the twins out for some bonding time.

"Are you sure you can handle them?" she asked as she gave me a backpack full of whatever the twins need.

"Love, you're talking to a medalist here"

"Uh huh, sure thing. Let's see how you handle these two"

And with that, the two came out of their shared room. Yumi was skipping while Ryu was walking slowly, dragging one of his teddy bear on the floor.

"Mama! Hair?" Yumi asked, holding her favorite strawberry hairties. Mio fixed her hair into two ponytails and then braiding them. She then put the end back to where the first hair tie was and tied again, creating a loop.

"Woof woof" Yumi said, "I'm a puppy!"

"Where going?" Ryu asked.

"You guys are going to the park with papa" Mio told them.

"Mama?" he asked again.

"I'm staying here, it's just you, Yumi-chan, and papa" Mio explained.

I smiled at Ryu and he just stared at me. He was thinking, I could tell. After a few seconds, he smiled back, "OK!"

"That's my boy. Now, you two behave, alright? Be a good girl and good boy, then maybe... papa will get you some ice cream"

They both looked at me, waiting for me to confirm what Mio said. I smiled and nodded and both them both nodded their head in agreement.

"Alright, you guys have fun" Mio walked us to the door.

I watched Ryu and Yumi tried putting their shoes on, failing a few times before they asked her for help, Mio.. not me. Mio was about to get to their level to help them, but I insisted that I'd do it.

"I got it, love"

Both Ryu and Yumi watched me put their eyes on intensely, as if I'm going to make some sort of mistake. I could also feel Mio watching.

"Too tight" Yumi said.

"Loose" Ryu added as he wiggled his feet.

It took us about 10 minutes before the two were satisfied. I feel like they were doing it on purpose. Ryu asked to be carried as we made our way out of the building while Yumi, independent as she is, walked by herself. She would greet each person she comes across with with a smile and a wave. Ryu would just play with his bear. The personality of these two are completely opposite, but it's very amusing and shocking whenever Yumi becomes shy or whenever Ryu becomes outgoing.. even for a just a few minutes.

We walked to a nearby park, Yumi would constantly tell me to check the pedestrian light to make sure that it's green.

"Gween, go. Red, no" Ryu muttered as he looked at the red light.

Yumi was holding my pinky finger as we were walking, excited to go to the park. She asked if we were going to see the dog. What dog?

"Dog?" I asked.

"Nana" Ryu answered.

"Nana?"

"Dog's name"

Mio didn't mention anything about a dog. Is the dog like their playmate or something?