All is Well

Yuki and I had a small wedding ceremony a year after the twins were born. The team wouldn't believe him at first when he told them that he's a father until he showed them a picture of Ryu and Yumi, both having the same beauty mark as him. Most of them betting that they'll follow Yuki's footsteps and be a volleyball player, which I don't mind, I'll support whatever they want to do in life.

Yuki's first season away from the twins was difficult. There were times when I barely had any sleep as I had to work and take care of them. Mama visits once in a while to help, but most of the time it was just me and them. He would call every night to say goodnight to them and those two knows when he's calling. They know his voice, his aura, his laugh. So, whenever he's on the phone, I try to have the twins next to me, since it makes them happy hearing his voice.

It was Paris Olympics year, 2024, and Yuki has been busy preparing for it. I decided to bring twins to their practice today, just to surprise him. It was a hassle travelling with two toddlers. We got to the Tokyo Met. Stadium and Aya was just about to enter as well.

"Mio-san" she greeted.

"Aya-chan, how are you?"

"Great, I'm off today, had time to relax. Hi, Yumi-chan, how are you?" she said, bending down to Yumi's level. Yumi just smiled at her and started pulling me to the entrance.

"Ryu-kun is still clingy?" Aya asked, motioning towards Ryu who I was carrying.

"As always until he sees his idol" I told her.

We walked inside, the security nodding his head towards us, Yumi waving at him, friendly as always. We walked down a few hallways before we started hearing balls bouncing and sneakers squeaking.

"Pap, pap, pap" Yumi chanted as she tried to run to the court, hair on two pigtails, and wearing a pink dress.

"She's so cute" Aya commented as she watched Yumi.

"Papa?" Ryu whispered, looking towards where Yumi was.

"Yeah, we're going to see papa" I told him.

The door to the court was closed and Yumi was trying to push it open when it's a pull. Aya checked to see if balls were flying before fully opening the door. The guys were just about to stretch when they heard the door open. Yumi ran as fast as her tiny legs could carry her, face planting after tripping, but quickly got up and ran for her favorite.

"Ra!" she called out.

"I think you have a competition for his biggest fan" I told Aya as we both watch Yumi ran towards Ran, who knelt down for her, arms wide open. Aya laughed.

I put down Ryu and urged him to play, but he kept a hold of my hand as we walked towards them. He's looking for his favorite... Aya gave him a ball and looked up, searching for a familiar face.

"Is that Ryu-kun with a ball?" Yuji called out from the back. Ryu looked for him. Yuji stepped up and watched as Ryu slowly walked towards him, carrying the ball. He tried tossing it up, imitating a serve then hitting it, the ball bouncing towards Yuji.

"Great job!" Yuji cheered, earning a rare smile from this shy kid.

"I have two children and not one of them is a fan of mine" Yuki whined, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"They think you're overrated and old" Aya joked as she made her way to Ran who was playing with Yumi.

"Am I?" he asked me.

"Nah, you should see them when they watch you play in Italy. Always focused and cheering"

The team stretched as the two play with a ball. Yumi would once in a while bother Ran. She would flop over his leg and give him her cheeky smile, while Ryu would just follow Yuji around with a ball.