Failure

Yuki left for VNL, I gave his SEV necklace back. He was happy to see that I kept it safe. I went back to Osaka that same day to check on my apartment. It was very dusty and and stuffy. I opened the windows to air it and let some fresh air in as I clean around. I went to my favorite ice cream shop after and walked around the area. I stayed in Osaka for about a week. I spoke with my manager to see if there's any news regarding my transfer to our branch in Tokyo. He said that he was just waiting for approval from the manager there.

I took a stroll in a park the day before heading back to Tokyo and I bumped into someone.

"Mio?"

I looked at the person and smiled.

"Masa! Oh my! It's been a while" I said.

"It has. How are you?" he asked. Masa looks good and happy.

"I've been great, actually. How are you and your girlfriend?" I was not quite sure if they're still together.

"We're doing well, thank you for asking. How about you? I've heard that you and Yuki are close"

"We uhm... we actually just got back together the other day. He visited a few a couple of months ago and it just went from there" I told him.

"Seems like nothing can keep you two apart. You look healthy and happy too, so it seems like he's taking great care of you"

"He has when he's not busy with volleyball"

Masa and I strolled through the park chitchatting and joking around. He was disappointed on how he didn't make the team this year, but he was proud of Yuki for being named the captain.

"Well, you taught him well. He learned from the best" I told him.

"And he's getting better each day"

I nodded in agreement.

We parted ways soon after and I went back to my apartment to pack my things as I leave for Tokyo tomorrow. As I was about to go to bed, Yuji called. My heart stopped for a moment. Why is he calling at this hour? I hope Yuki's okay.

"Hey, Yuji" I answered as normal as I could.

"I need some advice..." he said.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Why would I think something happened to Yuki? I worry too much sometimes.

"Advice on...?"

"Shit hit the fan with my friend," he started, "the same friend that chased me with a field hockey stick before"

"I remember, the one who's very tomboyish and then she started wearing girly clothes"

"Yeah, her..."

"So, what happened?"

He told me how he's had a crush on Aya, Ran-chan's lovely girlfriend. He told that to his friend who advised him to skip out on her since Aya's obviously taken already. She told him that there are other girls out there and close to him.

"What did you tell her?" I asked. Yuji can be a bit... hmm... defensive at times and he can be an arrogant jerk as well. So, hopefully he didn't do or say something stupid.

"I asked if she meant herself... she said why not..."

"And?"

"I laughed at her, I don't know why I laughed... but I did. I didn't mean to laugh at her"

Poor girl.

"You laughed at her? Did you apologize or say something after?"

"I told her... why would anyone want a tomboyish girl like her who barely graduated from uni"