Little Peanuts

Yuki left for Italy the weekend following AVC. I was... hmm... more than sad to see him go, but it is what it is. He'll be back before I know it. I promised that I'll watch all of Milano matches even if I have to stay up late or wake up early.

My aunt, unfortunately, had to deliver her baby early due to some complications, her baby girl, Yuna Elizabeth or as I call her... Yuna-chan. She had to stay in the hospital for a couple of weeks before she was healthy enough to go home. She has a lot of hair and sooo cute. I can't wait to meet her, hopefully early next year!

It was early November when I started feeling sick and just a bit picky with my food. I didn't think much of it, probably just stress and the cold... Until Mrs. Ishikawa came by for a visit.

"Mio-chan!" she greeted as I picked her up at the station.

"Ishikawa-san, how was the trip?" I asked.

She frowned, "Aish.. stop calling me Ishikawa-san, call me 'mama,' ok?"

I nodded.

I took her out for lunch so we can catch up and give her a mini tour of the area. When Yuki left, I familiarized myself with the neighborhood just so I'll know where to go if I need something.

"You're glowing, Mio-chan" she commented as we were walking to the apartment building.

"It's probably just the new skincare I got last week"

"It's not that... there's something else. If you don't mind me asking... when was the last time you had it?"

I thought about it for a moment... I'm on the pills so... I was thinking hard. I get it during the first week of the month, but it's already the second week of November... Did I get it last month? I don't remember!

"I... don't know" I answered.

She then looked up the nearest pharmacy. I followed her inside, through the aisles and stopped infront at something... pregnancy tests.

"I think I'll be having a grandchild sooner than expected" she smiled at me as she grabbed multiple boxes.

I can't be pregnant, can I? I haven't missed any days taking my pills, unless it didn't work...

Mama and I waited in the living for the tests to complete. I took a few of them, different brands, just to make sure. Mama was smiling throughout the whole process while I was a nervous wreck. I do want kids.. but not this soon. Yuki and I haven't really talked about it, we don't even know when we're getting married.

Time's up.

Mama and I went to the bathroom together and checked the tests which were all lined up on the counter. Just like that...

"I'm going to be a grandma!!" she squealed and hugged me.

I...

I...

I honestly don't know what to say or think... It's still processing. I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant. I. Am. Pregnant.

"Mio-chan, are you okay?"

"Oh, yes.. I'm just.. surprised" I told her.

More than surprised to be honest. How will Yuki react to this? It's just not planned, yet...

"Mio-chan... I know this is a surprise, but we're all here to support and help you with anything"

I thanked her and hugged her. I just have to tell Yuki now, it's probably going to be the hardest thing to do regarding this. Then I have to make an appointment with the doctor to make sure everything is fine... and I can't eat raw fish!!