23

First class on yet another Monday morning, as tiring and boring as always.

George's eyes stung as he sat down by his table, the tiredness hitting him like a blow of wind as the students piled in.

Eyes darting around the classroom, his eyes landed on Wilbur who towered over most of the teens, even when sitting down.

Apparently Wilbur was looking at him already, causing George's eyes to shoot back down to the table.

He kept his eyes down at the table until a large shadow towered over him, the boy's pupils widening before he looked up.

In front of him stood Wilbur, creeping george out as he stared at him wide eyed.

"Shit, man, you could've alerted me before giving me a heart attack," George said, his hand at the spot of his heart.

"Sorry, mate," Wilbur said. "But Theo asked me to tell you to meet him at the common rooms at lunch, around that time."

George nodded slowly, his fingers tapping the table lightly. "I will, thank you."

Wilbur dipped his head before turning back to his seat while the rest of the students piled in.

He found it strange that Theo wanted to meet up so suddenly, not even asking George face to face, sending Wilbur to do it instead.

Fingers kept tapping the table, more thoughtlessly rather than to annoy anyone, but earning a few annoyed glares.

George brushed them off, taking his hand off the table and putting in his thigh instead, tapping his leg instead of the table.

A few minutes before the class started Karl came running into the room, throwing his bag under the table before sitting down next to George.

"Well, good morning to you too," George said sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

Karl scoffed with a slight eye roll, rubbing his eyes before reaching under the table to get his books up from his bag.

"Good morning," Karl said once he had gotten his stuff up on the table, opening them up to the pages they last left at.

"Thank you," George said. "I'm not saying it back."

"Rude," Karl scoffed with a giggle.

George smiled, barely managing to wipe it off his face once their professor strides inside the room, expression serious the whole time.

"Good morning, students."

'Good morning's echoed from the students, their professor nodding in response.

She explained what they'd be doing this lesson, George's mind trailing off track and his attention averting to his own world.

Until something the professor said piqued his interest.

"So today, class, the seventh years will be joining you, teaching you today's subject," she said.

George and Karl looked over at each other, confused looks over both of their faces.

"So the seventh year hufflepuff's and ravenclaw's will be joining us in a second, and they'll get to choose their partners. So who they'll get to work with."

The shorter boys face dropped in realisation, oh fuck, that ment Theo would be there. And most likely, if someone else wouldn't have picked him, he would choose George as his partner.

A few knocks pounded at the door, everyone's attention snapping to the door.

"Oh! That must be them."