28

George smiled at something Dream had said, laying his head on the blonde's shoulder as the two of them chuckled as quietly as possible to not interrupt their peers.

But that didn't work, their defence against the dark arts teacher dishing them and asking them to keep quiet.

"Boys, quiet down," Phil scolded.

The two nodded, George lifting his head from Dream's shoulder and straightened himself in his seat.

"I'm so bored," Dream mumbled, placing his elbow on the table and resting his head in his hand, his eyes stuck on the brunette.

"Deal with that yourself," George whispered to the blonde, copying Dream's movement, resting his head in his hand.

They drowned out the talking from the professor, their eyes locked, the two losing themselves in each other's faces.

"Ehem."

The two of them quickly came back to reality, attention going to the girl standing in front of their table.

Dream sighed as he noticed who it was. His ex-girlfriend Livia.

He furrowed his eyebrows, raising his head back again, fingers tapping the wooden desk while George stayed the same.

"What do you need?" Dream asked, the girl crossing her arms over her chest as her eyes trailed down to the desk.

"Nothing," Livia said, scrunching her nose up. "I just need to talk to you once the school day is over."

Dream raised an eyebrow as Livia passed him a note closed in half before leaving the two, both of them quite confused.

"What was that about?" George asked as Dream opened the note, reading the contents of it.

"I don't know," Dream mumbled slowly as he crumpled the note back up again, stuffing it into the pocket of his trousers.

George looked at Dream with a subtle worried look, hoping that the blonde would pick up on it.

When he didn't, George cleared his throat, gaining back the blonde's attention.

"Hm?" Dream hummed as he looked up at George.

"What did the note say?" George asked, trying his best to seem as if he wasn't as nosey as he really was.

"Don't worry about it," Dream brushed it off. "She just wanted to talk to me, that's all."

"You're not lying?" George asked, lowering his voice so hopefully no one could hear them so he was almost whispering.

"No! No, of course not," Dream said, picking up the book lying open on his desk and inched closer to George. "You have no worries."

George smiled as Dream held the book in front of their faces, covering everyone's sight as he placed his lips on George's.

The brunette's hand trailed up to Dream's shoulder before pulling away, his hand cupping the blonde's jaw.

"Not in class," George whispered, letting go of Dream as he lowered his book back down to the table, a warm feeling in his chest.

***

Dream entered the common room once the school day was over, Quackity walking next to him and a couple of other students behind him.

"Hey, uhm, could you bring my bag upstairs to our room? Livia wanted to see me somewhere in a bit," Dream asked.

"Sure," Quackity agreed, taking the blonde's bag. "What did she want to talk about?"

Dream shrugged. "I'm not sure, really. She wrote me a note saying that she wanted 'clarification' which I don't get. I think I was being pretty clear when I broke up with her."