29

After around four long months spent at the castle, Christmas was finally rolling around.

In two days the students that would be returning home from the holidays were leaving, the rest spending the holidays around the castle.

George always went home during the holidays, and so did Dream.

Funny thing, the two lived about a five minute walk away from each other in the same town while the rest of their friends like bed in separate towns, Karl and Sapnap in the same one while Quackity lived in the middle of nowhere.

"You know that we have to pretend we still hate each other once we've arrived at the train station."

Dream looked up from the book he had his eyes on, looking at the brunette on the opposite side of the table.

Using the last remaining days they had before leaving they decided to spend as much of their free time as they could together.

Today they went to the library together, giving each other book recommendations that they would enjoy the other to read.

"Yeah," George mumbled, keeping his eyes down.

"But I'll still sneak out to see you," Dream said. "I won't sneak out. My parents still like you, you know. They keep asking about you almost every time I go home."

George felt a bit guilty at Dream's words, the blonde letting out an awkward chuckle to try and break the tension he had built between them.

"Sorry, I didn't need to mention that," Dream said, looking away from George as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah you really didn't," George said with a light hearted laugh, looking up from his own book. "But it's alright, I'll come over sometime during the break."

Dream nodded.

"Are we getting each other Christmas gifts or do we leave that alone?" Dream asked after a moment's silence.

"I'm not sure," George answered. "Maybe we should've talked about that before now."

"True," Dream said, causing both of them to start giggling quietly.

***

"Dream," George said, shrugging his shoulder to wake Dream up from his slumber.

The blonde's eyes fluttered open, met with the sight of Karl, Sapnap and Quackity sitting in front of him.

"Hm?" Dream hummed, raising his head off of George's shoulder, rubbing his eyes as he tried to adjust to the lighting change. "What?"

"We're almost there," George said, clearing his throat and averting his gaze away from Dream's face.

Dream was sure that George's face was redder than normal, but since he just woke up he couldn't be sure of what he was seeing.

Eventually the train came to a stop, the students getting a go ahead to leave the train after a couple of minutes.

"Dream, Quackity," George said. "You two leave before the three of us so our parents don't suspect anything."

"Why?" Quackity asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he squinted his eyes at George.

"George, you can leave last," Sapnap said. "It's kind of unfair towards Q and Dream that me and Karl have to pretend that we're not their friends even though you're not allowed."

George pressed his lips together. "Whatever. Sorry," he said as Dream stood up.

"See you later, guys," Dream said before leaving, the rest of them except George following behind him.