26

TW: blood

Guilt.

A horrible feeling.

Sometimes you feel it after a failed conversation, an argument, an action you regret, such as kissing another person while you're basically dating another one.

George ripped at the roots of his hair, consciousness kicking in as he rocked back and forth in his bed, guilt pooling up in his stomach.

How could he do this to Dream? Hadn't he betrayed him enough? Now this?

He felt like a horrible person, tears streaming down his face quietly as he tried to think.

"Think, think, think."

Idiot, idiot, idiot.

You shouldn't have done this, he thought to himself.

But he was basically falling asleep! He had no control of his actions! How was he supposed to deal with it?

Didn't George love Dream? God damn you, George! It's too early in your fucking relationship! You haven't even clarified that you're dating!

He should've just never even agreed to meet Wilbur after that quidditch game, his whole life would've been easier.

"I'm a horrible person," he whispered, digging his palms into his eyes.

His heart practically stopped beating once he heard one of the other guys in the room shuffle around in his sleep, then a faint groan.

As soon as George was sure that everyone was asleep, he started breathing again, his heart pounding in his chest.

Nerves pricked at him, he felt like he was being stabbed by a bunch of needles.

The heartbeat pounded in his head, he felt too hot. It's too hot. He pulled his shirt off and threw it to the foot of the bed, the same thing happening to his socks.

Now everything was too cold. He crawled under the duvet, the thick duvet making it too hot so he pulled it down to his waist.

Too hot. Too cold. Nowhere in between.

He ended up taking his pyjama bottoms off too, throwing them to the foot of the bed as well.

He'd have to deal with this.

***

The next morning came by in a second, the bustle of George's roommates waking him up.

He had barely slept, his thoughts keeping him up later than intended.

"George, are you joining us today or?" Wilbur asked, tying his tie.

George hummed and shook his head. "No," he muttered. "Bad night."

"I get it," Wilbur said. "Do you want me to go with you to the hospital wing?"

"No thanks," George said politely. "I'm just going to go back to sleep. I'd appreciate it if you could at least bring me lunch, thanks."