THE LAKE

Time stopped for Jungkook. He just stared and stared at Tae who was laughing his heart out.

Tae kept his one hand on his mouth to avoid the loud laughter but he failed. Other hand was on his stomach, clutching to shirt tightly and he was a little bent with eyes closed.

"I am not dreaming right?" Jungkook pinched himself.

"He is laughing? He is laughing!! Oh my god!!"

Jungkook smiled widely and slowly sat down on the floor, tilted his head a little to capture the most beautiful smile in his eyes, mind, heart. He didn't want to take his eyes off Tae. Why will he? When he had the most beautiful sight in front of him.

It was Jungkook's first time to see Taehyung laughing and he never in his life, he thought that seeing someone smiling and laughing will make his heart go crazy like this. He wanted to dance, shout, capture this moment in camera but his eyes refused to leave the sight of Tae even for a second. There were so many things going on in his mind but he ended up doing one thing. He kept his hand on his heart and prayed while staring at Tae with the sweetest smile.

"Please god! Don't let this smile fade away. Please keep him happy and smiling like that...always."

Tae slowly opened his eyes when he composed himself.

He was still smiling from the incident that happened sometimes ago. He shook his head a little before looking at Jungkook who was already staring at him. This time Jungkook didn't move his eyes away and Tae's smile slowly faded on feeling the gaze. He blinked a few times and looked in other directions to avoid that gaze but then he again looked up to see if Jungkook was still staring or not and he was staring.

Tae gulped as he felt butterflies in his stomach. He felt nervous. As soon as Jungkook started approaching him, he started taking steps backwards. Jungkook came to him and smiled and that smile passed a relief to Tae who stopped on his track. Tae's all nervousness was gone when Jungkook called him in the softest voice ever.

"Tae" Tae was hypnotized to answer.

"Tae..." still Tae didn't say anything. He just nodded a little indicating Jungkook to go on. No wonder Jungkook called him by his nickname, it always did things to Tae. He looked down and Jungkook spoke.

"You look so beautiful when you smile."

Tae immidiately looked up in those doe eyes with his big puppy eyes as if he was asking 'are you sure?' and like Jungkook understood his look, he immediately nodded his head and smiled.

"Yeah....trust me."

"I want to"

Tae said that in his mind but his heart was telling him to speak that loud. It was asking Tae to tell Jungkook that 'yeah...I want to, I want to trust you or maybe already started trusting you. Maybe a little bit but I do.' In a conflict between his mind and heart, Tae decided to stay silent.

"Stay like this...smiling, laughing, happy."

Jungkook said and moved his hand toward's Tae's face. He kept his index finger and thumb on the extreme end of Tae's lips and pushed them slightly upwards converting them into a small smile.

"You know how precious this smile is?"

Tae shook his head and Jungkook chuckled.

"How will you know? Look from my eyes and you'll know how breathtaking and precious it is."

It was harder for Tae to keep looking into those doe eyes so he looked down and Jungkook took his hand away. He took a few steps backward, smiling and Tae immediately ran to the door.