Seeds (60)

While Simmons and Skye were still drinking their drinks in the boilerroom, Sanchez had decided to leave, leaving half a glass of her drink behind.
The fun could start any minute.
She pressed a number on her phone, and it did not take long before someone answered.
"Hello?"
"With me. Are you and Phil heading back to the academy?"
"We are indeed."
"Good. The fun should start in half an hour. You better hurry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How could I have been so stupid?"
Coulson and May had returned with the bus, and Sanchez had been right. Half an hour after her call to May, Fitz had been shot with a toxin by Seth. They had staged the attacks to get Fitz at the academy, so he could help with the power problem of their device.
"Fitz, will you stop," Simmons sighed. She couldn't have it her friend was blaming himself, all the time.
"I'm sorry sir," Fitz said. "It was my fault."
"Any luck on Ward or the missing cadets?"
"Ward is continuing the search together with agent Weaver. They have set up a priminitor from building to building."
"Were did you guys go?" Skye asked. "We tried to reach you-"
"Not now," Coulson replied. "How dangerous are they?"
"Extremely dangerous," Simmons said. "This device turns any moisture around it in ice, very rapidly and at great rage."
"But Donnie is a great kid," Fitz continued. "Just really isolated. Seth must have friended him to manipulate him, and used him to finish the... Product."
All of them knew Fitz had realised something.
"The product?" May asked.
Fitz moaned from the pain in is head.
"I think they have a backer," he explained. "For the device. The components are extremly rare and expensive, nothing either of them can find in the open market themselves."
"With a person that rare, we can trace the purchases," Skye said.
"Sometimes it is not just bad seed, but bad influence," Coulson said. "Let's go."
The others went to their work in the lab, while Sanchez stayed behind in the cargo-hold, with May.
"Should it be concerning me you haven't said anything?"
"They're going to create a super storm."
She rose her eyebrows.
"You heard me," Sanchez said. "And it is gonna cost someone his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, no, look, that is not the issue. Donnie and I have the device ready to sell. We solved the power problem, but we... We ran into some trouble."
Two boys from seventeen, eighteen years old maybe, were at a abandoned parking garage, near the SHIELD academy. One of them was calling with someone.
"SHIELD is looking for us now, sir."
"What did I say was the most important aspect of this deal?" The person on the other side of the line asked.
"That no one knew about it."
"Right. Well, the deal then has to change. This is an unplesant situation you have gotten us into, Seth."
"We're hiding at a parking garage, near the academy. There is tech-points set up all around. We're boxed in."
"Looks like I'll be turning around. So we can't do business."
"No no wait! Wait, Mr. Quinn. Please. Can you send us a chopter or something, to come and get us. Believe me, it's worth it."
"Prove it, Seth."
"What do you mean?"
"A demonstration. I want to see where I'm paying for. In action. Right there. At SHIELD."
"Then you'll come and get us?"
"I'll send immediately something."
The boy quited the call, and looked at his friend, who was at the car.
"You ready for this, Donnie?" He asked.
His friend gave no response.
"Hey. We've come this far."
"Maybe it's too far."
Seth sighed to his friend.
"We're in this together. You and me against the world, right? How many times have we dreamed from a chance to do something incredible?"
His friend gave no response.
"Well, this is it. We can earn a ton of money. Come'on, say something."
"I'm... I'm nervous. The prototypes are harmless, but this... We haven't run simulations. At this size, with the new power source... It's... It's not save, it's-"
"Donnie, you need to grow up here. You can't get back on me right now. We have one chance to impress Mr. Quinn, and now, he's our only way out. We can't go back after what we did down there."
"What we did? You were the one who knocked agent Fitz unconcious-"
"We've found this out. And it was your idea to draw agent Fitz out here, to fix your damn powersource. Our plan has worked so far, Donnie. And so will this."
Donnie said nothing for a while. But then, he putted the device on.
The device shot something into the sky, but after that... Nothing.
"What happend?" Seth asked. "Is it a dut?"
"I... I don't know," Donnie replied. But somewhere else, up in a lab into the sky, Fitzsimmons and Sanchez saw something change on a screen. Sanchez knew what was about to come.
Also on the ground, Ward and agent Weaver saw something of change into the sky.
Storm was coming. With a price, this time.