The Bridge (48)

"This is agent 632, calling for weekly update."
"Hello agent 632. You can start."
"Special report for the clearvoyant. I have reasons to believe someone gifted is among us."
"Clarify yourself, 632?"
"The object has the knowledge about Latin spells. I don't trust it."
"Thank you for reporting, agent 632."
"End transmission."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am even older then your own world, but just since a few minutes ago I know why you like it here so much."
May her face didn't even change a little when she came into the cockpit. On the seat next to hers, there was a young man with dark hair and dark eyes. No doubt about who it was. And how he'd get here.
"Your sister is still capable of cursing like a sailor. I would not be worried."
"That's what you think. Even when she would breath her last breath, she would be able to curse like a sailor."
"Is that going to make any diffrence? Everyone on this plane knows that she's as changeable as the weather, and they don't even know her real identity."
"Except you and the big man," Dragon replied.
"That was her own choice."
"It was the choice of faith, miss May."
May sighed. Would this be going somewhere?
"Glad you ask. She's having a massive headache, isn't it?"
He would read her mind anyway. She knew.
"That headache isn't going to disappear, I'm affraid. Last time this happend-"
"The emperor died. I know. She told me," May said.
"That's not everything," Dragon sighed.
"How do you humans say this again... Under common circumstances, my sister isn't a... 'kitten to take without gloves,' right?"
May rolled her eyes.
"I can hear you think, Miss May," he growled. "This isn't a funny situation. At all. In her current state, my sister is even more dangerous then usual. And it won't change, until faith has done her work."
"Don't get me wrong, Mr. Dragon," May said. "But why is a headache making her more dangerous?"
"You should google what can happen with people who've a tumor in their head."
He was gone when she blinked. May wasn't even sure what to do with his warning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am telling you, Coulson, we need to do something! If this would get out of hand, we aren't sure that she can't handle herself."
After the visit of Sanchez' brother Dragon, May had gone to the office of Coulson, to have a talk amongst the two of them. But something was telling her that this wasn't going to work.
Coulson was quiet for a while. His response surprised her.
"I guess you're right. We should be carefull. If she gets crazy, we can't be sure that we're able to protect the others."
"And if hell gets loose-"
"We're probably all dead. I know," Coulson said.
"Just again for the record. What did Dragon tell you what could happen?"
"The headache will last until the end of a certain event, he couldn't say which one exactly," May said.
"But we need to keep an eye out for her. In this state, she's as twice as dangerous as usual."
"In that case, we need to prepare some things if everything goes south," Coulson replied. "Are the others suspecting something?"
"Fitzsimmons, not at all," May responded. "They're not having the slightest suspicion. Skye and Ward on the other hand... I'm not sure."
"We need to deal with that later, then," Coulson sighed. "She knows who HQ has sended as back-up. Do you think he will affect anything?"
"To be honest... I don't know. Personally, I'm not happy that HQ has sended him. No one is. According to his file, he's seeing his powers as a gift. A privilege."
"O boy," Coulson murmled. "We both know how she thinks about that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A car stopped at the end of the cargo hold, and a man in a suit came out of it.
"This is a bad idea."
May, Sanchez, and Coulson were in the cargo hold, to "welcome" their collegue. Sanchez was still as grumpy as possible, and the arrival of Mike Peterson made it even more worse. Not to speak about May her hate-fu.
"Well, to have you in a good mood, you should know that Skye's trying to ID the agent who dropped her off at the orphanage," Coulson told softly to May.
"We agreed to protect her from the truth, so... I'll told her you would look into it."
"You better don't," Sanchez growled. "Believe me."
"One mistake at a time," May said.
"Agent Coulson. Agent May. Agent-"
Sanchez rolled her eyes, and walked up the stairs. May turned around, and went back into the bus through the lab.
"Last time you saw her, you threw her into a brick wall," Coulson said.
"Right."
"And agent Sanchez... She's a complicated person."
"Yeah, I assume you're right," Mike replied. But soon, he came back to business.
"First time around, I wasn't who I wanted to be, but now, I get it. Having all this, it's a privilege. And training to be a agent, to work with SHIELD, it's me trying to do better, trying to be better. I just need you to give me a shot."
"Everyone deserves a second chance," Coulson said, stepping forward to Mr. Peterson.
"But let me be clear. There will not be a third."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upstairs, in the briefing room, the others were re-watching Mike's file again.
"It's not good," Ward said. "At all. The guy was a ticking time bomb. Litterally."
"HQ wouldn't have send him if he was still combusteble," Fitz responded. Sanchez sighed.
"Someone, throw this guy of the plane when we're up above the clouds or something. That would be marvelous."
The others were still complaining about having Mike on board, but Sanchez rolled her eyes.
Damn. She hated having a headache. She hoped it wouldn't get any more worse. Last time - in the romanian empire - she butchered some guys because they couldn't be quiet, and she had her headache.
"I'm just saying this could easy go sideways. The last time we saw this guy he was a raging homicidal maniac-"
Ward heard some people coming up right behind him.
"He's standing right behind me, isn't he?"
Everyone nodded.
" Mr. Peterson, this is agent Grant Ward. He's the man who shot you at Union Station. Fitz, Simmons designed the weapon he used, agent Sanchez is the one who negotiated with you, and I think you remember-"
"Kidnap victim," Skye interrupted him.
"You? Joined SHIELD?" Mike asked sarcastic.
"Yeah. Turns out, guys in suits, not so bad."
"Look, I know Union station could have... Gone another way," Mike said. "Another team might haven't me let out there alive. I owe you. All of you."
"That's what you're saying," Sanchez sighed. She left the room, leaving the others.
"How's your son?" Skye asked quickly.
"Still with my sister," he replied. "He thinks I'm working construction, but he's good. Happy."
"So, what do we have?" Coulson asked.
"Not much on Edison Po. I checked his previous adresses and his military contacts. Empty."
"What we're looking for might not be on the outside. Look at his life on the inside. At the prison. See if that can get us any leads."
He looked at Fitz and Simmons.
"Anything on the centipede soldiers?"
"We've found a facial match on one of them," Simmons said.
"Meet Brian Hayworth, stationed in Afghanistan for three years, fell of the radar when he got back."
"Last living relative, sister Laura. She's at the university of Cleaveland, Ohayo."
"She's our best shot at finding Hayworth," Coulson said. "You and I'll go talk to her," he told Ward. "Have May set a course for Cleaveland."