The girl in the flower dress (23)

BOOM! And here we go with the next episode, my dear readers. And now, it's really going to get ruff. In this episode, we all know there is a  fire manipulator,  and that's just agent Sanchez her kind of expertise... I hope all of you will like it :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quitte and easy morning in the bus of the team. FitzSimmons were doing stuff in their lab, while Sanchez was boxing against the boxing bag, May was doing Tai-chi, and Coulson was doing... Well, what he always does. Probably it was something with his captain America fan collection.
"So... Explain me again what this has to do with my training?"
And on this easy morning... Skye and Ward were playing battleship.
"It's important for every SO to evaluate their students thought process," he explained to Skye. "And... I like board games. B 10."
"Nope. This isn't thinking, this is stabbing in the dark. But it's nice to take a break from the work out."
"Hm, you deserve a break," Ward said. "Got to give Coulson credit. Never worth a pig that the next rising tide hacker has a good fit, but... You're picking things up pretty fast."
"Did you just give me a compliment?" She asked surprised.
"I - no, I made a comment."
"A kind one. Did it physically hurt to do that? Do you need an ice pack?"
Both of them started laughing.
"Wow! A compliment and a smile," Skye grinned.
"Comment."
"I don't want to ruin the moment," she said. "But I have to respond with... G-4."
Ward made a face.
"Say it, Ward. Say it."
"You sank my battleship."
"Haha, yes!" She laughed.
 "Allright, let's do two out of three."
While Ward was complaining to Skye about losing the game, they weren't regarding about Coulson and May, who were looking at them.
"She's fitting in nicely."
May drank something from her bottle of water.
"Gloding. You were up early this morning. Heard you puttering around even before I started Ti-chi. Having troubles sleeping?"
"No. I feel great. Just have a little extra energy to burn."
"If you want, I could lay out the mats downstairs, we could go a few rounds. Like the old days."
A red SHIELD sign blinked to them from out of the briefing room.
"Saved by the bell," May said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chan Ho Yin, just a struggling street performer, until a few years ago, when Mr. Chan began to exhibit monitored pyro-kinetic abbilities."
"So, what gave him powers?" Fitz asked.
"I know," Sanchez said. She touched some things on the touchscreen. A few pictures appeared.
"From the beginning of time, people believed in the four basic elements, earth, air, fire, and water. When we believe those legends, we know that there were people who started to manipulate them. And if I'm right, Mr Chan has inherit this gift from his ancestors."
"Beside that, Mr. Chan is part in a plan to discover more people with simmular gifts," Coulson told them.
"How did we found out about him?" Simmons asked.
"A informant saw him lighting torches in a street show. With his pinkie," May answered.
"Brought it to SHIELD's attention. We told him to keep his abillities underraps, he's been on the index since."
"The index?" Skye asked.
"O god, not that stupid thing again," Sanchez murmled cranky.
"It's a list SHIELD keeps with people and objects who have powers," Simmons answered her question.
"Just like I said, that stupid thing," Sanchez said again. Everyone ignored her.
"Wait, what?!" Skye asked surprised. "How many are there? Are you saying that there are more people-"
"Not many," May answered.
"Well, enough to keep a list."
"A short list," Coulson said. "And to protect them."
Skye would swear that she heard Sanchez saying something that seemed like "protecting? My ass," but she acted like she had heard nothing.
"There are cases SHIELD has to take action on," Ward told them.
"Action against objects... Or people?" Skye asked.
No one dared to answer. Skye wouldn't like the answer.
"Well... That's drastic, with a side of creepy. How are they monitored? Tapped phones? Satellite surveillance... body probes? In dark, unpleasant places?"
" Body probes, that's ridiculous," Fitz answered. "SHIELD doesn't do that."
He looked at the others, but from all of their faces, even Sanchez her face, he could read the same thing.
"We don't do that... Do we?"
"The methods vary," Coulson answered.
"Mr. Chan was a low risk. He was signed to a case agent and he didn't check in for a few days. That's how we discovered that he was missing."
A chaotic room appeared on the screen, with men in suits in it, who were obviously investigating the room. May said something in chinese, and a man on the screen gave also a answer back in chinese.
"Everyone, this is Agent Kwan, Chan Ho Yin's case agent. What can you tell us?"
FitzSimmons and Skye started waving at the man on screen.
"Not much, I'm afraid. Chan is a magician, so at first, I thought he'd made himself disappear," he told them.
"File said you caught him violating his index agreement before," Coulson said.
"On two separate occasions - Claimed we were "hampering his artistic expression". But late last night, he was taken by professionals. The only thing they left behind Was this scrap of aluminized material."
He showed them a little plastic "evidence" bag, with a little piece of a material on it.  
"Fireproof clothing," Simmons said.
"So whoever took him knew about his power," Ward asked.
"Yes, and we think we know why. Over the last few days, Tech division discovered a crack into our data stream. It's the same cyber punks who hacked us before. Somehow, they got in 'again'. It's the Rising Tide."
Everyone started staring at Skye.
"Hello? It got real quiet. You guys still there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The rising tide is a huge organisation of hacktivists from all around the world, any of them could have done this! It wasn't me."
"No one is saying it was," Ward answered.
They were in Coulson his office now. Coulson was sitting behind his office, and it was obvious that he was wondering what to do with the situation.
"But you're thinking it. I can see your faces thinking it."
"We're assassing the situation," Coulson answered.
"Then I'm sure that you have been taking to your count that I've been living on a plane with you this whole time. It would be impossible for me to hack SHIELD," Skye responded.
"Or easier," Coulson said. "We're gonna need more then that."
"Fine," she answered. "Let me trace the hack, and I can prove it."
"I believe her, sir," Ward said. "And if she's telling the truth, we'll need to track down the person responsible."
Coulson stood up behind his desk.
"Dig up something. And fast. The longer Mr. Chan's missing, the more danger he's in."
When Skye and Ward had left the room, immediatley after, Sanchez came in.
"Eh... Sir... Do you have a minute?"
Coulson could see from her face that something was going on.
"What's wrong?" He asked. Sanchez looked around the room, and closed the door behind her.
"I have... Well... Okay, to start first. Skye is innocent."
"I know."
"I know that you know it. But promise me, whatever happens, you will believe that. It will all come to you after a while."
"Okay," he responded. "Was that everything?"
"No. I received a message from the gardens of fate."
Coulson swallowed. Oh oh.
In Asguard, there was a tree, called the Yggdrasill, the tree of life and knowledge. And under this tree, you could always find the tree Norns, the goddesses of fate. You had Urd (the past), Verdandi, (the present) and Skuld, (the future). They were keepers from the tree, and since the tree was standing in the gardens of fate, you could say that it was their home. The tree goddesses were also the creators of Sanchez and her brother. They were created on the beginning of time, to guard the living and the death.
"The goddessess?"
"Yes. Mr. Chan needs to be saved, above everything. And as it looks right now, he will die. So, to make a long story short-"
"They have given you the command to take action," Coulson said. "Does that mean that you're going to reveal your true identity to the others?"
"Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know," she answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the briefing room, Skye was typing on her Ipad like a mad man. When Sanchez and Coulson came in, they could see that Fitz and Simmons were watching her, almost adoring seeing her work.
"How close are we?" Coulson asked.
"Almost there," she answered.
"She's identified the remote-access Trojan and the infected endpoint..."
"...And is searching for a tcp to correlate the hypertext with signature information and then, Voila."
"...Bob's your uncle," Fitz concluded their twin talk.
"You get any of that?" Coulson asked to Ward.
"Only the uncle part," he answered.
"Translation, something with a trojan horse," Sanchez said.
"We got a origin," Skye said. "Austin, Texas."
"You got a name?" Coulson asked.
"Just the cafe from where our hacker worked out of, but I'm in the system. I'm going to check to see if any creditcard charges from this day match up with any known hackers."
A few seconds later, a bleep sounded.
"We got a hit."
"Miles Lydon, not Skye - that's to all of our relief," Fitz said.
"You know him?" Coulson asked to Skye.
"Every hacker in the world knows him."
"Not just the hacker world. He infiltrated the 'Kremlin,' " Simmons said.
"Yeah, the picture of, uh, Putin shirtless on horseback, that was his hack," Fitz told them.
"It was also his hack that made Chan being kidnapped," brought Ward them back to reality. Fitz his smile vanished.
"May, set a course to Austin," Coulson commanded.
"Just did."
"What about Chan?" Skye asked.
"Kwan has a SHIELD team on the ground, our best bet is to chase this thing from the other end. Find Mr. Lydon, bring him in, see what he knows," Coulson commanded again.